Panic!

(Hyperventilation occurs in this chapter)

In the last chapter...

The room went silent.

____________

Shock.

Dolcettofroze in his step half-way across the bar.

Shock.

No one expected this from the level-headed kid. No one. 

Shock.  

They all thought he was fine, nightmares gone. Emotions intact. Anxiety vanished. He was the smallest after all. He had the least scars. He should have healed.

Maybe that's why he became like this though... Too young.

Shock.

The crowds' eyes flitted between Greed and Kota. 

Shock.  

No one dared to move. Even Roa couldn't do anything, fearing the bosses' reaction to the slightest twitch. They could only wait.

Shock dimmed...

After he got his breath back, Kota noticed the point blank silence.

Why is it so quiet?

Slowly, he looked up. His shoulders lost their confidence, vision filling with silent tears. Boss was still sitting on the corner of the couch, his purple eyes boring into him like iced knives.

It drew upon him.

No, nonononono!!!

It was a glare. No, the glare.

I just lashed out at Greed.

He paled into snow.

Please not the GLARE!

-B-boss! I-I didn't mean t-to- I-I-I swear! It's not important- I just- It's t-the drink! I s-swear it's j-just t-the d-dri-ink! Oh flip! I'm s-so-!...' words spilled out like a hurricane, tumbling desperately, needing to cover what slipped. Or in this case, what was broken.

What exactly was broken? 

Who knew?

C-can't breathe!

Kota fell to his knees, forehead hitting the floor. It almost looked like a bow if not for the clutched stomach, trying to make himself as small as possible.

He's gonna kick me out.

The room was suffocating him.

What is going on!?!

To the side, Dolcetto crinkled his nose. The acidic scent of regret, fear and panic crashed off the feline in waves.  He chanced a glance at Greed and winced. The boss stood unmoving in front of the kid, expression unreadable, eyebrowsraised.

Greed, unbestown to the others, was paralyzed in thought. He knew the feline chimera was constantly worried about his performance, relishing when someone praised him. But not to THIS extent. Never to this extent. Never to-to hyperventilation! After a few moments of static thoughts, Greed shifted his stance, no longer leaning on the couch. 

He didn't miss the way Kota flinched. No one did. They all saw.

The kid needs to get away from all these eyes.