With a BANG!

He laughed again in the face of an unmoving Greed.

Well, shoot.

...

Actually, please don't.

Up from the crates stance relaxed, Greed didn't seem phased. His head hung forward, his shoulders began to shake. A burst of sound hit their ears as Greed threw his head back. Kota couldn't believe it. 

His boss was ... laughing. In the face of another death threat. For the millionth time! Then again, Kota would believe it if it weren't his.

-You actually think that the threats of a miserable punk like you phase me? Ridiculous!" Greed waved a hand in a dismissing fashion. "He's just another one of my pawns. My possessions. Hah! You could tear him to pieces and I wouldn't give a shit!"

Glaring down directly at the standing male, he states the words that Kota never wanted to hear again.

-Do what you want. See if I care.

The thug froze. The kid visibly wilted.

-B-boss?" Kota whispered.

Looking pleadingly up at Greed, knowing full well he's walking on a wire, Kota subtly signed a question out of view of the gun holder, desperation coursing through his veins.

What are you doing?

The latter just winked.

Wait, winked!?! The whole one-eye-closed, one-eye-open type of wink? ...

What in the ----?!? He does that? That something new?

Greed only smirked at the unaware attacker. Bringing his left hand up to snap, the boss bared his teeth in maniacal glee.

-Let me illuminate the situation for you.'

Snap.

BOOM!

An explosion racketed the screeching crates. The snow leopard's lips twitched upwards.

Pffftt, he made a pun!

The moment was short lived. In the flash, Kota caught sight of the trigger being pulled. His eyes widened, instinctively started leaning right.

Not fast enough.

The bullet hurled forward.

So much for dying in one piece.

He closed his eyes, inhaling the gasoline-filled air.

Man. Hope the others make it.

BANG!