Chapter 4

I have gone through my previous chapters making small amendments which you may or may not have noticed. While doing this I have realised just how short my chapters are so I will try and increase them without it getting too boring.
Thank you again for your patience and remember vote, comment and share.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John sat in the living room of 221B; he was very bored. For one of the first times ever, he actually wished Sherlock was back to his normal healthy, if all be it annoying, self. The last case, The Hound of Baskerville, had been typed up with a few other odd bits and pieces. He now had nothing to do as he stared blankly at the black T.V screen. John's brain kept filling with thoughts of Sherlock. The thoughts soon crossed the line of just being friends. He shook his head to try and get rid of them no matter how much he enjoyed them. His brain kept going back to the hour of holding Sherlock's hand. As pathetic as it sounded, that hour was special to him. Sherlock hadn't mentioned anything since so John assumed he had got away with it. His hand had never fit so perfectly with another human before. Almost destiny. John smiled like the old romantic he was.

He got up after deciding to make Sherlock some chicken soup. It was the most likely thing he could get him to eat. Chicken soup kept Sherlock eating and staying rather full before it came back up and it was a nice gesture. John got the saucepan out, put it on the stove, poured the soup in and then turned the stove on. He stirred the soup absentmindedly while thinking back to Sherlock. He still managed to stay looking hot while being very ill. Hot? John thought, I think my male best friend and flatmate is hot? Sherlock would never return the feelings John somehow had. How could John possibly love Sherlock? He was annoying, stubborn and an adrenaline junky but ultimately Johns perfect match. His soul partner. While John was away with the fairies the soup was burning. The burning smell soon found Johns nose. He swore softly and turned the stove off quickly. He got a bowl, spoon and tray out and poured the soup into the bowl. It didn't look too bad John thought worriedly. Luckily, the burnt bits stuck to the bottom of the pan and weren't floating around in the soup. He put the pan in the sink to soak hoping it wouldn't stick because Sherlock would notice and complain about how it could affect his experiments. He carefully picked up the tray and walked through the kitchen and down the hall. The kitchen had remained rather clean and well stocked since Sherlock's bout of flu so John didn't trip or see anything ghastly. The cleanliness of the kitchen was mainly down to the fact that Sherlock hadn't made it to the kitchen yet. He barely got to the bathroom and back in one piece. Sherlock, as usual, refused to ask for help but didn't seem to mind John supporting him or helping him with everything. If anything he seemed to enjoy the attention from John. Not that the doctor had noticed this.

John pretty much walked into the bedroom door hitting it with his tray to open it. "I made you soup." John said walking through the door drinking in the sight of Sherlock. As wrong as it was to enjoy a sick Sherlock, his top did stick to his body in a rather attractive way. "You should really concentrate while making soup instead of daydreaming." Sherlock croaked while John grinned in response, least he was getting back to his usual self he thought. "That should also help with the throat as well as those." John said gesturing to the Soothers on the bedside table after noticing the croaky voice. "I'll leave you to eat that in peace." He said and walked out of the bedroom very confused by the thoughts. John had been thinking of Sherlock all day and was trying to figure out if he really did have feelings for his flatmate. Did he really love Sherlock?

John wasn't to know that Sherlock was in the same position as him. He had also been thinking about his dear blogger all day and was trying to work out if he also had feelings for John. Even though he thought he had separated himself from such human thoughts.