Chapter 36 Solo Rescue Mission

Lupin's P.O.V.

Lupin stood near the edge of Denny's camp.
'Ok, Lupin you can do this I'm a dark type I'll be sneaky.'  He thought then he took a deep breath and walked right in like he was part of the group of Pokemon. No one seemed to take any notice of him. 'Ha, of course, this will be easy I'm not shiny!' then Lupin spotted Zeta he was talking to Charlie. "Hehe, I'm glad that Fredrick is finally dead! Good riddance!" The Jolteon sighed. "Well, I still think there's a possibility he's alive. Tell Denny that I went out to look for him." Then he dashed off and Zeta started walking Lupin's way he got nervous. 'Zeta will recognize me! I got to hide!' Lupin saw a cave and ran right into it and Zeta yelled. "HEY! Get out of there that Denny's cave!" The Zoroark ran inside and Lupin hid behind a pile of ice rocks his heart started beating rapidly in his chest. 'I can't get caught! I just can't!' then Denny walked in. "Ah, Zeta Good I was looking for you." The Vaporeon said. Lupin stayed completely still and quiet. "Oh, you were? Hehe, what's on your mind?" Denny padded over to sit in the center of his den and Lupin stayed Hidden behind the rocks. 'Please don't come over here!'
"I wish to send some Pokemon out to the forest in search of more Shiny Pokemon can you do that for me?" Zeta smiled. "Will do! Am I leaving too?" Denny shook his head. "No not you I need you and Charlie with me I'm coming up with a way to be rid of all the shiny Pokemon once and for all! I know if Fredrick were alive he would try to stop me but I finally got rid of him." Zeta had a wide grin on his face. "Hehe, haha that's great so that's why you wanted him dead so bad." Denny hesitated. "Well, that was one reason I needed to get my revenge on him all I wanted was for him to know what it feels like to be torn apart by your brother!" He hissed. Lupin was shocked he couldn't believe all the things he was hearing a few tears dripped down his gray muzzle. 'How can one be so cold?' Zeta laughed. "Haha, I like you Denny your the best leader, I'll go send those Pokemon out to go shiny hunting like you asked." Denny rested his paw on Zeta's shoulder to stop him. "Can I ask one more favour?" Zeta nodded "Yes, Denny I'm not only your sidekick but your friend as well." The Vaporeon looked happy. "I want someone to join me but they're not so keen on it." Zeta smiled. "Go on." Denny looked at him "I want you to mind trick him and put him in a fantasy world to make him think his friends are all dead and show him Darle. Make him hate shinies." Zeta laughed. "Oh, that will be fun! I'm on it! Hehe," Then he left the cave. Lupin was shocked thinking how outrageous that sounded. 'They're talking about Roary!'
"NOO!" Lupin ran out from his hiding spot. "Stop Zeta!" He cried Denny jumped in shock at the sight of him. "W-What the?" He glared at Lupin. "YOU!" Lupin backed up slowly it was just him and Denny. The Vaporeon's purple eyes were flashing with hate. Lupin faked a smile. "Oh, uh hey Den Den thought I would just drop by for a visit yea know.." The Vaporeon took a threatening step towards him he was standing in the doorway of the exit blocking it. "And just how much did you hear? You were here the whole time!" He yelled. Lupin sat down "Ah, err.. hey remember the old times we had together?" Denny's eyes narrowed. "Oh, you mean like the time your whole pack took off and left us for dead? No, I didn't forget!" Lupin slowly backed up near the back of the den. "Nice Vaporeon I don't want a fight." Denny growled, "I'll KILL YOU!" Then he lunged at Lupin who quickly veered out of the way in time and then ran past Denny as he landed on the floor of the cave. "Well, it was nice but now I got to go! Maybe we'll play again later." He said as he ran outside. He paused looking around at all the Pokemon and ran into the crowd right away hoping to lose Denny. He could hear the Vaporeon screaming. "LUPIN!" He charged outta the den and started pushing his way through the crowd. "Get that Mighteynea!" He ordered. Lupin ran harder. 'I just have to lure them away from where the prisoners are so the lycanrocks can save Roary' Lupin ran into a bunch of other Mightyenas and used a double team. Everyone looked confused as they tried to close in on him. "Which one Do we get?" They were asking each other. Denny ran up and used a hydro pump and hit a different Mightyena. Lupin laughed. "Haha, wrong one!" Denny's lip curled in a snarl. And Lupin quickly realized he had given away his position. "Hehe, whoops.."
"Get him!" Denny ordered. Lupin dashed for it again and kept running. "Ha, ha, ha"
'Can't let that psycho path catch me!' Then he ran into a different cave to hide. "What the? How did you get in here?" Asked a voice. Lupin turned and then let out a surprised gasp. A Shiny Pikachu was looking at him with a puzzled expression. "What are you doing here? wasn't there a guard outside?" He asked again. Lupin felt puzzled. "No, I don't think so." Then his gaze landed on a Persian. "Roary!" He ran over to him then a shiny Eevee looked up at him. "Who are you?" Lupin growled, "No time we've got to go!" Roary sat up and grabbed the Eevee. Lupin's mouth dropped open at the sight of him. One of his eyes were bably bleeding and there was a nasty claw mark on it. "Your eye! What happened?" He exclaimed. "No time for that!" Roary snapped and the shiny Pikachu ran out. "Let's get out of here!" The group of lycanrocks ran up to meet them. "Hurry follow us!" Denny suddenly jumped out in front of them trying to cut them off. "Not so fast!" Lupin threw himself at the Vaporeon knocking him down. "Hurry guys! Run I'll hold him off!" He yelled out desperately. "Like hell, you will!" Denny had a pissed-off look on his face as the others all ran past them. "ER YOUR GANNA DIE!" He screamed lashing his claws out at him. Lupin yelped as he tried to get up but the Vaporeon wouldn't let go of him. Lupin kicked him in the face with his back leg then quickly scrambled back up. He tried to run but then Denny's tail slid in front of him and tripped him up again causing him to fall back down. "Going somewhere?" The Vaporeon sneered at him. Feeling a lot of panic Lupin used a thunder fang on his tail. "Oww!" Denny yelled then grabbed him and locked Lupin's head with his back legs and started kicking him multiple times in the face. Lupin was screaming as a lot of flesh was torn away. He used a dark pulse and Denny flew off. Lupin got back up started running. Denny chased after him getting on his tail right behind him. 'No, I can't die! Not like this Arceus help me!!' He thought with panic as Denny used a water gun at his paws causing him to slip on the ice. "HELP!" He cried as Denny lunged at him. They both rolled in the snow as the Vaporeon Collided with him. Denny aimed for Lupin's neck with his claws and the Mightyena used a shadow ball. Denny ducked down and dodged it. Lupin was starting to feel weak then an idea popped into his head. 'I hope it will work because if not I'm dead' Lupin lay on the ground still making himself look badly hurt. Denny stood over him and then smriked. "You never should have come here Lupin! You could have lived longer!" Then Denny put his paw on his neck and his claws slid in. Lupin started coughing up blood he looked into the Vaporeon's eyes then he forced himself to speak. "Fredrick, you're here!" Denny froze and just as he loosened his group on him to look Lupin took his opportunity to kick the Vaporeon off then he gave it all he had and used foul play Denny yelled in shock as he got hit then Lupin used thunder fang on him. Then he turned tail and ran not daring to look back. Lupin had run faster than he ever had before he kept running like his life depended on it. He sprinted out of camp knocking away any Pokemon who tried to get in his way. 'I made it! I did it I saved them!'

***

Once Lupin made it back to the Lycanrock hideout he collapsed beside Fredrick. Roary looked shocked. "Arceus! you're hurt!" Blood was oozing from his throat. Lupin covered his eyes as he felt a few tears slide down his cheeks. That had truly been a scary experience for him and was pretty certain that he wasn't gonna get away.
"I didn't think I was gonna make it! I almost died back there!" The Pikachu ran up and rubbed snow on it. "You are one brave Mightyena your sacrifice saved us!" The little Eevee looked confused. "Sacrifice? What does that mean?" Roary got up. "This Mightyena was willing to die so that we could escape, but don't worry Lupin you made it and you're going to be ok." Lupin felt relieved then it was replaced with worry when he looked at Fredrick. "He's just sleeping," Roary said. "But we need those pecha berries and fast." Lupin felt sad when he looked into Roary's eye. "Don't worry about it Fredrick needs us," Roary said as if he could read what Lupin was thinking.
Then he got up heading for the cave entrance.
"I know where to get some." Jennifer got up. "Ok, you two can go I'm staying with Fredrick to keep him company." She said. Lupin followed Roary. "So where are we going?" He asked. "I know a Glaceon who goes berry picking every now and then, there's no time to travel to the forest Fredrick will never make it so we're just gonna have to hope she has some Pecha berries to spare."