I sit there for a second, thinking about the case before getting up to find Nejire.

I walk into the living room and see her fiddling anxiously on the couch.

"Are you okay?" I say as I walk up to her.

"Not really. There isn't much evidence or many leads, the target seems dangerous, and to top it off if we fail you don't get this apprenticeship."

I sit down next to her and embrace her. "It's okay. We will do this and if we don't then I have a ton of other options."

"You completely ignored the dangerous part." She says as she looks at me with a knowing look.

"We don't know how dangerous they are. They are going after high school girls, which are pretty easy targets. For all we know it could be some guy in his mid thirties who can barely lift ten pounds and manages to kill them because he stabs them in a vital spot when they don't notice."

"Let's hope it is." She says as she gets up and gets ready to go.

She changes into her hero suit and grabs the folder containing any leads and evidence.

I was already wearing my hero suit so I just put on my shoes and walked out into the streets when Nejire was done.

We walk to a park and quickly review the evidence. All victims seemed to be high schools girls in tenth or eleventh grade. All of the murders happened in the night, and all thefts happened in the day. Murder victims cause of death range from blood loss to severe burns. It seems my theory of it being a thirty year old man just got disproved.

"Not much to go on here." I say as I check the locations of the crimes. Suddenly realization hit like a truck.

"Izuku? Are you okay?" Nejire asks me as I struggle to stand up.

"We need to head back to your house now!" I frantically shout.

"Why?" She asks me, worries at how I was acting.

"They're watching us. They know we found them out. They will now move in for the kill. Hit us where we hurt the most."

"Who is watching us?!" Nejire shouts at me, getting annoyed at me.

"The culprits of these crimes. The Legue of Villains. They had my mom get a job offer so I would get control of Eri. They set up these crimes so that right when they needed to be dealt with would be at the same time your parent decided to let me join so that I would be sent out and leave Eri there. They want Eri so that they can try to get her quirk back so they can make anti quirk bullets."

Nejire just nods to me as we take off to her house. We turn around the corner and see that house in blue flames.

"No." Nejire whispers as she drops to her knees.

I glance at her before I rush into the house. The house was filled with blue fire, and was already starting to fall apart.

I start choking on the smoke and I call out for Eri and Nejire's parents.

"Help." I hear a voice barely above a whisper coming from a blocked room.

I quickly run up to it and smash the pillar that was blocking it. I open the door and see Nejire's mom passed out on the floor.

I quickly pick her up and then dash out of the house. I lay her down on the neighbors lawn and catching my breath before running back in.

I search every room until there is one room left. I burst into it and see Eri being held by Dabi in a mask to allow him to breathe. I also see Nejire's dad on the floor, covered in blood.