Chapter 18: Return (Part II)

Time went by slowly as we wait for Agatha to return. We don't have any way of knowing how many hours or days have pave passed but it sure felt like years already.

The darkness of the cell was slowly consumming us. I can almost see the demons inside my head watching, just waiting for me to succumb and give up on this fight.

Soon, none of us were talking. Lexia rested her back at a wall while seating down on the cold, cemented floor. I was in the same position, only on the other side of the room.

I turned to her direction the moment her sobs reached my ears.

Without moving from my place, I asked worriedly, "What's wrong, mother?"

I then heard her sniff, before she replied, "H-How many more days?"

She always asks me that question. How I wished I knew the answer. I figured, just like me, she must be starting to lose hope.

Is this Alpha Kris' punishment for us- crush our spirits until we ourselves decide to end our lives?

Many times, I had thought of that- ending my life, my agony in this place. But then, memories of the people I wish to live for flash in my mind, especially my mate's beautiful face.

I still want to see her, claim her mine and plan our future together. Her memories were the ones keeping me sane in this darkest moment of my life.

I wonder what she's doing at the moment. Is she looking for me? I wish not. I don't want to put her in danger.

Just wait for me there, Kate... I will be back for you...

"Kyle?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you fallen asleep?"

"N-No... l've been thinking."

"What about, son?"

"A lot of things, really."

I then heard her move in her place.

"Well, we have all the time in the world to talk about it."

My lips twitched a little. I guess, it would be better for us if we talk as we pass the time.

"I-It's about my mate."

"Ahh... I remember your stories about her. That fighter of a mate of yours!"

My lips broke into a smile as I remembered how we fight back in their territory. She refused to recognize me as her mate, though it was obvious she felt the same attraction like I did the first time we met. She's the most stubborn woman I've ever met... and the most beautiful one.

I let out a sigh. "I miss her." How strange that I miss even our fights... "I didn't even say goodbye to her, nor had the chance to tell her how much I wanted to be with her... I-I thought I'll be back."

"You will. And you can always make it up to her."

I can't help but smirk at her remarks. I don't want to think that there's no hope for us here but I don't want to raise my hope too hight either, especially now that I noticed how our food supply has been decreasing in numbers. I have a feeling they're slowly starving us to death.

Oh God... all I want is a chance to make things right with my mate. Just one chance...

The sound of the metal door opening slowly opening made us turn our heads. My heartbeat quickened inside my chest.

"Luna!" It's Agatha! She's back!

Both of us quickly stood up and made our way towards the door.