Chapter 3: Unplanned

I was making my way down to the lobby when Deb saw me. I was carrying Ana in my arms.

When I picked her up from the bed, I thought she was going to wake up but she didn't. Damn. She must be really tired, I thought. My heart went out to her, and I wondered what she'd been through. Was she lost? Or did she really came here to cause trouble for she's a rogue? Well, either way, one thing is for sure- she's my mate, and I will keep her no matter what.

Deb stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"Where are you taking her?"

"To the mansion."

Debby didn't seem pleased. She put her hands to her waist like a mother wanting a reasonable explanation.

"She's my mate Deb. I'm taking her to OUR home."

"And why exactly didn't you just wake her up and ask if she would like to go with you, instead of taking her like this? I mean, this is TECHNICALLY kidnapping, Matt. It's against THE law!", she said, making sure she delivered her point clearly. Most of the time, she just forget she's talking to an Alpha.

If she was another person, I would get her punished for questionning my action. I don't have to explain myself to anyone. But then, she's almost a mother to me, she's somewhat exempted to the rule, I thought.

"Well, TECHNICALLY, THAT law only applies to you humans, Deb", I said, copying her tone, which made her raise an eyebrow. "I am a wolf and she's a wolf herself. I am an Alpha and this is MY territory. Therefore, I AM the law."

She just rolled her eyes, still not pleased but she didn't say anything, and just moved to the side. I passed by her. Then, Don appeared from the stairs carrying Ana's bag, and he followed behind me.

"If this is your game plan, Alpha Matt Sir, you'll lose the game even before it starts!!", she shouted, teasing me with the 'Alpha Matt Sir' like she used to whenever I point out my authority towards her.

"Uh-huh. We'll see, Deb. We'll see!", I shouted back without looking back. I was smiling.

"Oh. Don't make me say I told you so!" Her laugh echoed in the lobby. I grinned.

I looked down at Ana. Wow. She sleeps like a log, I thought.

When I reached to the car, I carefully lowered her to the backseat. She moved a little that I thought she was actually waking up, but then she settled on her side. I closed the door, then sat on the driver's seat.

Don, on the other hand, was riding his new Harley-Davidson big bike. He has always been into big bikes while I have always been into sports cars. Though, we know how to use both.

I signaled him to go first.

On our way to the mansion, I thought about what Debby said about my 'plan'. I smirked. Hell, truth is, I don't really have a plan. All I know is I want to take Ana home. I want to take care of her. I want... well, I want her all for myself.

Damn. I've never felt so selfish before until that moment I laid eyes on her. As the Alpha, I'm obliged to share everything I own to my pack, not that I dislike it or anything, but there are times that I wish there'll be this one thing I can call my own. Something that is exclusively Mine. And now I found it- Ana, yes, she's MINE.

After almost an hour drive, we arrived at the mansion. As usual, people walk in and out of the house. I decided we'll just enter at the back door. I don't want to cause any commotion with my new found mate. Not now at least.

I ordered Don to go first and take Ana's bag to our room. Then I maneuvered the car to the back of the house. I carefully lifted Ana and carried her to the back door. As I was making my way to the kitchen I found my mother browsing through the cupboard. What the hell is she doing here!? Then, as if on cue, she turned to face me.

"Why, hel-" She looked confused when she noticed I was carrying a woman in my arms. "...lo, s-son. And may I know who's that beautiful lass you're carrying, and hopefully she's not dead as she appears to be?"

She moved closer to look at Ana. I reached to her, and kissed her cheeks.

"And what brings you here, my ever so lovely mother?"

She didn't seem to hear. She continued staring at Ana.

"Oh, why, she's very beautiful, son. I'm curious, what village did you snatch her from?", she teased. I grinned.

"Well, her name's Ana. And I do not know yet where she's from, hence I brought her here," I explained briefly. She just raised an eyebrow. She could be very inquisitive at times, well, most of the time actually. I decided I'll fill her curiosity later.

"I'll explain further later, mom. For now, I gotta take her upstairs before someone sees her. I'm not in the mood to explain things at the moment." I turned and made my way to the stairs. Fortunately, there wasn't anyone on my way up.

Don was waiting for us outside the room. He opened the door wide as we entered. I carefully put Ana down to my bed, and stared at her for a few seconds. She looks perfect just lying there in my bed. Yes, my bed, where she belongs, I thought. I felt a familiar stirring in my groin. Damn. This woman can turn me on without doing anything!

I turned to Donovan and saw he was holding a handcuff. I frowned at him. He raised his hand with it.

"Safety first, Alpha." Obviously he was teasing. He threw it to me, and I caught it just before it fell on the floor.

"No fucking way, you heartless jerk." I teased him back. It's his turn to smirk.

"Hah. Alright. So what's the plan? So far she's been receiving a lot of special treatment for a rogue."

"I'd have to wait until she wakes up."

"Well, that's a great plan. Though it seems to me, she doesn't plan to wake up. She's been sleeping like a dead man."

"I noticed."

"Well, you know what, I think Deb's right, she's not going to like it when she finds out you took her here without her knowing. I'm guessing she'll go hysterical or something. I bet she'll try to escape, too. Ya know, women."

I eyed him oddly. "And since when did you become an expert on women?"

He just shrugged, then started to make his way out of the room. "Are you still going with us today to check around the territory, or..."

"Yeah, I'm going. Just give me a minute."

"Alright, Alpha." Then I heard the door shut.

I stared back at Ana. Don has a point. When she wakes up, she'll surely try to escape, especially while I'm out. Then, I looked down on the handcuff in my hand. I thought about it for a sec. Only for today, baby, I thought. I walked to her bed and carefully held her hands upward toward the bedpost, she just twitched but didn't wake up. Then, I put the handcuffs on her wrists. Damn. It pained me to see her restrained like that. I sighed.