Chapter 6: Pained

Kyle's POV

"One more bottle, Derek."

He eyed me worriedly. I've already had five bottles of beer tonight.

"Getting yourself drunk won't solve your problems, ya know."

I smirked at him. "Maybe. But at least I could forget them even just for a while."

He shook his head, but then handed me another bottle of beer. He knew what happened to me and Blair. Well, the whole pack knew, actually.

"That'd be the last one for you. After that, I suggest you go home and take some rest. Seriously man, you look terrible. When Blair comes back, I doubt she'd be thrilled to see you."

That is, IF she comes back...

It has been two days since the night she left. Until now, I'm still blaming myself for what happened. I shouldn't have left that night. Maybe, if I just pushed through claiming her, she wouldn't had the chance to leave, she could've been mine now. My mate. My Luna.

But then, as I was trying to make love to her that night, I knew something was bothering her. She wouldn't respond to my touch. She just stood there, stiff like a statue, her face blank. She was cold against my warm caress. I tried to pull her closer, yet she seemed more distant than ever.

That night I realized... you'll never know pain until you look into the eyes of the one you love, and she looks away...

Damn. It was the kind of pain only she can heal... 

Yet, where is she? She f*cking ran away!

I tried to hold back the tears forming in my eyes, but I failed. Must be the drink, I thought. I just sat there, half-crying, half-laughing at myself. This is ridiculous, not even my four years of harsh pack training, nor a near-death encounter with a bunch of rogues, made me break down in tears like this.

Derek patted my shoulders. Good thing, there's only the two of us and a janitor now in the bar. Other pack members can't see me like this, they wouldn't want to see their next Alpha weeping over some girl. I smirked at the thought.

Tomorrow, my father will officially step down as Silver Moon pack's Alpha, and I will be proclaimed as the new leader of the pack.

"Alpha Kyle...", I whispered softly.

I've worked all my life trying to prove I was deserving of that title. I followed my father's every order even if that means totally neglecting my own personal choices, I went through hell in the pack training, then I became the wisest, strongest werewolf in the pack next to my father. I should be thrilled for tomorrow. It's the day I've been waiting for all my life.

But, no, those things that I firmly value all these years don't seem to be as important now. Suddenly, I felt lost. I don't know what I want anymore.

Derek walked to the door and flipped the sign to 'CLOSED.'

"You can stay here if you don't feel like going home, man."

"Nah. I'm going now."

My vision became hazy as I stood up. I struggled as I make my way out from the bar. I can't seem to find my sense of balance, I couldn't even stand straight. I had to hold on a chair, but it wasn't enough to support my weight.

"You sure you can manage, Kyle?"

That was the last thing I heard until everything went black.

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. When I went down, I saw my mother preparing coffee in the kitchen. She looked worried upon seeing me.