Chapter 10: Threat

I noticed that the sun was starting to set as we walked out of the clinic, and it's getting darker by the minute.

My heart was racing in my chest as we made our way back to the mansion where we'll meet Alpha Kris with almost a dozen of his men. Matt was holding my hand tightly as I followed close behind him. Kyle, on the other hand, was being accompanied by Donovan and Kate just behind me.

After a while, we finally came in front of the mansion. I felt my heart falter at the sight of Alpha Kris standing arrogantly proud with his men behind him. I quickly searched for my father in the crowd, usually he stays right beside Alpha Kris as Beta of the pack, but he wasn't there, and I wondered why.

Alpha Kris' eyes pierced through me, but I didn't dare meet his eyes. He then turned to his son who met his glare with equal intensity. I swallowed as I felt my throat dried up, and moved closer to Matt.

When Alpha Kris spoke, I instantly felt a shiver ran down my spine.

"I see you have two of my wolves, Alpha."

"I was not aware they belong to you", Matt told him casually.

"It's alright. No harm done. But, I want them back now."

"Negative."

Alpha Kris smirked arrogantly. "You know you are asking for war if you don't give MY wolves back, right, Alpha?"

Matt just eyed him coldly. "Then, war it shall be."

I held tighter to Matt's arm.

"You're willing to get into war for a bunch of useless, stubborn wolves?"

Matt snarled at him. "Watch your words, wolf! You are talking about my mate! Let me just remind you, you are still in MY territory! I could get you killed right where you're standing!"

Again, Alpha Kris just smirked at him. He then turned to look at me before turning to Kyle. "So, Blair found herself another Alpha, huh. And, what's your say on this, SON?"

Kyle didn't answer him. He just glared at him with his hands clenched into a fist.

"Ahh... Of course! You wouldn't dare challenge this Alpha here for Blair, he's much powerful than you are... Not to mention, you're a f*cking WEAKLING, who can't even win against his father!"

In an instant, Kyle turned into a huge brown wolf, and launched himself towards Alpha Kris. He pinned him to the ground in his human form. But, he shifted just in time as Kyle was about to bite his head off. Then, the rest of the wolves who were with Alpha Kris shifted as well, launching themselves into Kyle, there were some I recognized, some I even became friends with, and it pained me to see them fighting.

I felt the urge to shift and help Kyle, but Matt's arms held me back.

"It's his fight. Let him."

For a moment, I tried to contain myself, but then I turned to see that Kyle was being badly bitten by his father with the help of the other wolves, and he was struggling as he tried to wriggle himself free, then Alpha Kris got hold of his neck, and he bit him there hard, making his wolf howl in pain. It's not a fair fight!

I quickly shifted to my wolf, and launched myself to Alpha Kris, and buried my teeth right in his face, he howled in pain as he wriggled himself free. With all the force he could muster, he shook me off of him, and I was sent to the ground where he pinned me. He was growling loudly as his mouth moved closely towards my face. I tried to shake him off of me, but he's far too strong that I decided to just close my eyes and prepare myself for the pain.

But, just when I thought it's going to be the end of me, a huge black wolf launched to Alpha Kris, and pinned him to the ground. It was Matt. Matt bit him in the neck, as he tried to fight back. Other wolves that were with Alpha Kris tried to help their Alpha, and launched themselves to Matt, but he just shook them off without letting Alpha Kris go.

Then, other wolves from Matt's pack finally came to help. I quickly stood, and fought the other wolves around. I could see Kate and Donovan fighting other wolves, too. Soon, nothing can be heard but loud growls and howls from fighting wolves. It was total chaos, and the air was thick with the scent of blood.

I noticed that Alpha Kris finally wriggled himself free from Matt, he was badly injured, and he couldn't even open his right eye, it was bleeding badly. He howled loudly, signaling his pack to retreat. One by one, his wolves wriggled themselves free from the wolves pinning them down on the ground, and ran away quickly, they were all equally injured as their Alpha. Before turning his back, I noticed, Alpha Kris left something on the ground.

I walked towards it when he was far gone. My eyes grew wide as I saw two bundles of hair on the ground. In Silver Moon pack, cutting a werewolf's hair only means one thing- Execution...

Slowly, I moved my nose closer to sniff them. My heart faltered as I smelled the scent on the other bundle of hair, tears began to well up in my eyes- It was my father's!

I decided to carry the bundles in my mouth, and dropped the other bundle right in front of Kyle. He had the same expression as me when he saw them. He sniffed the other bundle, and instanly recognized the scent. Judging from the pained expression on his face, I figured it was his mother's.

For a moment, we just stared at each other. We might not be mates, but with the years that we've been together, we can almost read each other's mind, and we know exactly what Alpha Kris was trying to tell us, he left the bundles of hair to threat us with our parents.

Matt moved closer to me, I noticed there were few scratches on his face. Gently, I rubbed his face with mine. Kate, on the other hand, motioned Kyle back to the clinic as the other wolves spread out in different directions to shift back in their human form.

Before turning back, Kyle gave me a last look. We knew... we have to make a choice.