Chapter 9: Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer Morningstar.

The name use to bring pride to many of the angels, or at least that was what Hadrian was told by Death when they had another meeting.

He was the angel that shone the brightest out of all the angels. The angel with the best song, greatest wings, and the best temperament out of all the angels.

The one you would go to if you had any problems, not Michael, but rather Lucifer. But then came the mission from God to give to Lucifer.

The Mark. Transferred to Lucifer that contained the Darkness. Sister to God, but the uncontrollable, destructive force of nature that was said to exist before God and Death.

While Hadrian was uncertain about her existing before Death, for you cannot have life without Death, Hadrian learned from Lucifer himself that he tried to contain her in the vessel of the mark that she was restricted in.

But her thoughts, her feelings, changed his own in the matter of eons. And when God told Lucifer to over humans more than his own siblings. Lucifer listened to his feelings and didn't. For why should humans, who were lesser beings than those of angels, be considered more than angels. Then his family.

And that was where Hadrian related to the most. Because should someone ask him to love another more than the Dursleys. There would be no hesitation.

But should they ask him to love another person more than Remus, Sirius, or even Death...Hadrian couldn't see it.

Hadrian related to Lucifer in the regard, and told him even so as they sat in Hell, Lucifer in his cage as they both felt the last seal slowly crumbling.

Lucifer told him that he might've been able to, should his brother have died before his rebellion. But Hadrian didn't know what brother he was talking about, because last he checked all of the Archangels still lived.

Then he heard the story of the angel that was the son of God, but also Death. The angel that took part in helping Death, after he asked God for a favor.

He was the youngest of the siblings, and was the favorite out of all of his brothers that adored him. But not all the angels felt that way toward an abomination in their eyes.

For how could anything related to Death be good. He was not good enough to be the son of God, nor was he good enough to be an angel in their eyes.

So, the lower angels plotted during Lucifer's Rebellion. They found a knife especially made to kill Death, but instead of taking it to the deity, they used it on his angel.

The angel had died just before Lucifer was casted into Hell. Before Michael's eyes were open at how much Heaven had changed since he was a fledgling. During their fathers doubts about his creations and thinking that they might just be better without him. And most important during the time Gabriel had been about to leave Heaven, but found his dying brother instead. And took the dying grace into an extra vial, for when he would be reborn (as Death himself said he would never truly die when the angel was created) and then fled to Earth to hide the grace from any angels that wanted Death's Magic and to not choose a side in the rebellion.

Hadrian was horrified at how angels viewed others that were anyone but pure angels. He felt loss that shocked even himself when he thought of the dying angel, wondering briefly why he felt hurt, and sadness when Lucifer never even said the angels name and seemed to never want to say it.

Hadrian didn't push, thinking it might just be too hard to say his apparent favorite brother's name.

As they continued to talk, the glow around Lucifer's cage seemed to glow brighter, until a crack opened above the cage, a swirl that started to cave in toward Lucifer.

"It is time, I shall see you on Earth, Azrael," Lucifer said calmly as he climbed toward the crack in his cage's ceiling.

Hadrian sat in Hell just a bit longer, tilting his head toward the calls that Reapers were mentally giving him about a few supernatural deaths that were happening, but told them to try and work the few extra bodies they weren't expecting.

As he sat there, outside the now empty cage that once contained the best angel that there use to be, Hadrian reflected on angels, and determined that while he would give some the benefit of the doubt, he would treat them with hostility more often than not.

He didn't know why he felt so betrayed by the angels, but he has learned to trust his instincts for years now, and he didn't think he was going to not trust them now.

Not when the Apocalypse was upon them.