Chapter 14

[Reader's POV]

"Mommy," I feel a small nudge at my shoulder along with a bit of weight laying on my shoulder. "Uncle Hoseok said you have to get up and eat."

I briefly open my eyes and turn to face Haejin, who seemed to be in a good mood. "Well tell your uncle I said-"

"Y/n you've been trapped in this room for over three days living off of pop tarts and diet coke, get the hell up." I hear Hoseok snap from the door frame. "And you stink!"

"I do not!" I yell back making Haejin laugh.

"I mean, you kind of do mommy. No offense!" He tries to defend himself but end up failing, resulting in a giggle at the end of his sentence.

I playfully roll my eyes and climb out of bed as instructed, going into the bathroom and gasping at my reflection. "Why didn't anyone tell me I looked crusty!" I yell making the two boys laugh even harder.

Hoseok walks into the room and opens the bathroom door. "You never asked."

I push him out with a huff and lock the door so I could shower. The sound of water hitting the title in the shower echoes through the bathroom, the mirrors fogging up due to the amount of heat.

My body relaxes underneath the hot shower, my eyes closing in bliss. The memories of the past few days were still prominent in my mind, but things had seemed to be getting better.

Haejin had stopped crying himself to sleep which hurt my heart just thinking about it, Hoseok had been kind enough to let us crash at his place which I've been greatly appreciative of.

We hadn't heard anything too drastic about Jimin, Hoseok had been messaging his manager back and forth about how he's doing, Yoongi saying he hasn't seen him in days. Hoseok was the most worried out of the three of us, but I told him he just needed time to cool off, luckily my words put him to peace.

After my much needed shower I shut it off and grab the towel that hung on the door and wrapping it around my body. Once I finished getting dressed, aka: getting back into my sweatpants because I didn't bring anything else, I leave for downstairs where Hoseok and Haejin were.

"Oh mommy! You look so much better!" Haejin compliments. "Not that you didn't before but-"

"Don't try to save yourself love," I grab a piece of toast from the plate in the middle of the table, sitting down. "You've already dug yourself into a hole. Along with your uncle Hoseok." I say.

Hoseok just holds his arms up in defense. "What did I do?!"

"You insulted the way I live! I'll have you know I've been living off of pop tarts longer than you've been able to walk." I state with a mouthful of toast.

"I'm older than you by two years!" He adds. I roll my eyes, taking another bite of my toast. Haejin laughs across the table, bringing a smile to my face.

The smile doesn't last long as Hoseok shoved a piece of buttery toast on my cheek. "Jung Hoseok!" I yell as the sunshine ran for his life.

I shoot up from my spot at the kitchen table and chase the laughing boy around the house, butter smeared up my face. "Get him mommy!"

Hoseok gasps. "Haejin you're supposed to be on my side!" He jumps the couch yelling.

"Thing's change uncle Hobi!"

Hoseok and I maintain our eye contact, ready to move if the other decides to book it. Hoseok hadn't stopped laughing, his face being bright red and his stomach most likely in pain.

"I'm sorry!" He laughs. Haejin comes up next to me, handing me a spoon and the tub of butter. Hoseok eyes me with a suspicious look as I take a spoonful of butter, aiming it at him. "Don't you-"

He couldn't even finish his sentence before a large amount of butter lands dead center on his forehead. "Y/n!" He yells as he now chases me around the house.

Haejin takes cover on the couch, his giggles reverberating off the walls of the house. "Go mommy!" He chants making me laugh.

Moments like this are hard to come by, obviously. This is the life I want Haejin to have and by having Jimin in his life I'm not sure if he's ever going to get this. Jimin is always busy with dancing so it'll be up to me to make sure Haejin is not only well taken care of, but getting the love and affection he needs from his family.

This is why Hoseok and I are so close. We only had our mom when we were young, our father not even crossing our minds. But my mom made it her job to give Hoseok and I the love and affection we need. We ended up becoming closer as a family, something I dream of in the future with my own.

Hoseok and I stop abruptly as we hear the doorbell chime through the house.

Now isn't the time with both Hoseok and I being covered in butter.

Hoseok raises an eyebrow towards me but I just shrug my shoulders and leave to answer the door. "Who do you think it is?" I ask, not even thinking twice about the butter on both of our faces.

"I have no clue, I didn't invite anyone over." Hoseok says as I twist the knob on the door, my breath hitching as I see Jimin standing in front of me, his face puffy and eyes red.

"Jimin?" Hoseok and I say in unison, the butter on Hoseok's forehead falling flat on the ground out of shock.

Jimin shyly waves. "H-Hey."

||

I LOVED THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH OH MY GOD LMAO

Thanks for reading!