"Aren't we going to eat first?" I raised an eyebrow and Colton pulled an exhausted face. "Five minutes ago you said you didn't want to eat which is why you cleaned your teeth."

"But do you want-"

"Now, Taylor." I was trying everything to stall, as much as I wanted to know why I wasn't healing it would mean explaining everything to a complete stranger. "Fine." Huffing, I grab Colton's hoodie and put it on. Colton made sure to stand behind me so I couldn't make a run for it. That is that idea out of the window.

"Morning." I wave to Diesel who is sat at the counter like always but Colton continued our path towards the door. "That was rude."

"He'll forgive me." He chuckles holding the front door open for me and allowing myself to get a whiff of his cologne. Not as if he needed it, his scent is way better. "Are we going in the car?" I ask and he nods and clicks the unlock button. I get in and pull the shoulders of Colton's hoodie up because it keeps slipping.

"Maxen and Isla have gone into town I asked them to pick some clothes up for you, I didn't think you'd want to go?" I shrug starting to feel the anxiety I always feel when I have to face real problems. Not the shopping plan because he's right, I don't like shopping but it's when I have to face someone I don't know and talk about issues they shouldn't be bothered with. "Yeah sure." He turns the ignition on and reverses the car out the lot.

About 20 minutes later of a silent drive we stop in the hospital's parking lot. I get out as fast as possible because I see Colton's burning desire to start asking questions.

"Taylor?" Colton does that light sexy jog men do on the beach. Think Baywatch but with my sexy mate. Did that seriously just cross my mind. 'Mate is sexy.'

"Not everything can be solved at the hospital you know, I once made a curry and put too many chillies in. A hospital couldn't fix my curry could they?" The words just tumbled from my mouth and didn't actually make sense. I kept walking and tried to speed up so I couldn't see his face. "Just stop." Colton holds me still outside the automatic door and I actually listened to him. What's happening to me?!

"I get you don't want to talk about it but the fact is you have to." Ouch. That was pretty blunt. Colton held my hand and I felt the same familiar warmth within me that I had felt last night. I didn't want to let go because it felt so right to have him touching me and it was more difficult to hide the fact I wanted him to touch me in other places. "Alpha and Luna come right this way." A younger gentleman opened his office door and Colton allowed me to go in first. The man introduced himself as doctor Elrick, he looked way too young to be a doctor but I'm sure the wolf gene and the secrets to the half human body has kept him young. Doctor Elrick gestured for me to sit on the hospital bed and Colton took a seat on the uncomfortable blue chairs.

"So what seems to be the issue?" Dr. Elrick spun slightly on his chair to face me. His pen secured in his hand ready to take down any notes he needs to. "She has bruises on her back and they haven't healed yet." Colton answered for me which I was glad for because I felt like I was going to have word vomit.

"Okay and how long ago did you get these bruises." He was very polite about the situation but unfortunately Colton couldn't answer this one for me. "I've had a few from over a year ago and some from last week." When I locked eyes with Colton I know he's in a trance of rage, his jaw clenched and fists tightening around the edge of the chair.

"Okay Luna, if you could remove your hoodie and lift your top so I can see the damage." I actually looked to my mate for consent to strip infront of another male wolf considering I wasn't marked yet but he was to fixed in his anger. I took off the hoodie and lifted my top up just like he asked, a second later I felt the cold press of fingers around the bruises. "There is definitely a large burn here, do you know what that's from?" I shook my head no even though I wanted to scream yes.