III| "His pregnant fiancé!"

Start from the beginning

"Please,"

"No"

"Please! Give it to Romeo then,"

"No,"

I blink at him blankly, "take it,"

"No, you take it," he pushes the paper back towards me,

I push it back, "dude, pleaseee!"

"No"

"Plea-"

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" The very familiar voice that's been haunting my dream says, standing in the middle of the table, staring at the paper.

I quickly try snatching it back to hide my poor effort at art but, Cayden was holding down on the other end, I quickly look up at him only to notice a scary smirk making its way on his face, oh no.

"Hey James, have you seen what my best friend here got me?" He mocked, forcefully pulling the paper from under my hold and holding it up for James to see, nooo!

"Me? Haha, my niece drew that," I quickly say, while awkwardly laughing and getting up to reach for the paper, only for Cayden to move it further away.

I notice James inspect the drawing and a small smile on his face, "oh that's a lovely drawing, what is it?" He asks, tilting his head to the side to figure out what it was,

"Seriously?" I deadpan, "you can clearly see it's a-"

Cayden cuts me off, "why don't you take a guess," I turn to glare at him but he only glances at me, giving me a smirk and turns back to James.

James thinks for a second before his face lights up, causing me to smile hopefully, only for him to ruin it all, "oh, it's a bed!"

I groan and slump back against the uncomfortable seats, stupid men!

James looks back down at me confused and frowns, "Is it not?"

Cayden sniggers, putting the paper back down on the desk, "Great guess James, thank you for that,"

I continuously glare at him, waiting for him to combust into tiny stardust, stupid men and their stupid good looks with their stupid brain!

"You okay there Melody?" Cayden teases, "say thanks to your niece, I'll be sure to hang it up," he says while getting up, loosely holding onto my artwork.

I don't say anything except for just staring at him silently as he walks away, the guard at the door leading him back.

"Walk you out again?" James suggests, smiling down at me, I glance up, returning his smile and nod.

"I'm sorry what?" I say, into the phone,

"Mr Royce has requested no visitors," the lady on the phone repeats, again?!?

"Well, how about Romeo Romero?" I ask, maybe he's changed his mind, I mean it's been a few weeks hopefully his forgotten me.

I hear the sound of typing the background and her humming until she finally responds, "there seems to be a note of no visitors, but that's from 4 weeks away so I'm unsure if that still applies."

I frown but suddenly coming up with yet another horrible idea, "Well it's a different situation an urgent one, see his my uncle and my aunt, who he was seeing before he went to prison has had some news that she would like to share with him," I'm really asking to be killed at this point.

She hums, "urgent, see I can't really do much, but I can offer a ring back once I've spoken to Mr Romero?"

I perk up, "erm yeah I guess that's alright, just let him know his pregnant fiancé would like to see him," Just kill yourself at this point Melody...

There's a pause before the lady on the other end clears her throat, "erm, are you sure?"

I nod, realising she can't actually see me I speak up instead, "yeah yeah, it's settled then, give me a ring back once he agrees, please,"

After some information was exchanged, I finally end the call, placing it on top of my bed while thinking how all this would be so much easier if I just asked James out.

But apparently, I have more guts to meet dangerous criminals weekly than ask a handsome man on a date.

Sighing I pick up the phone again, dialling a very familiar number, after a few rings the person finally picks up;

"Hello, Aunt Jemma? I need your help,"

- Authors Note -

Hello people😁

Yes, melody is a dumb shit and has no idea what she's doing, but she's a softie so don't come for my girl😑

Thank you guys for reading, comments or voting!!💕💕