Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

I sat up confused and looked at her sleepily with one eye sort of closed and the other hardly open and my hair sticking up all over my head and in the wrong directions,”Why is today so important, anyways?”

I watched Gemma's face morph from annoyance to an amused smile,”You forgot?”

I racked my mind over and over, but not coming up with anything specific,”Uhh Yeah?”

That is when Gemma started full on laughing at me and making me feel a bit dumb.  What could I have forgotten that was so important about today.  Actually, I don’t even know what day it is right now?  It it Tuesday?  Friday?  Sunday?  Maybe Thursday?

“How could you forget?  You have only been waiting for days for today to actually happen!”, she said now only chuckling slightly.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to clear the gunk from my eyes,”Only been waiting for wh-”

I stopped mid sentence and look directly at Gemma, her smile widening further and she asked with a smug face,”Remember now?”

“Lou’s coming today…”I whispered and then shot off my bed and grabbed scanned my floor for some joggers to pull on over my briefs not caring about putting on a shirt.

Gemma was laughing from behind me and when I turned around I excitedly said,”Gemma!!  Lou’s moving in today!!”

She started to say something, but I didn’t even wait for her response as I ran out into the hall and down the stairs to find my mother in the living room watching the tele.  She was looking at a magazine while the commercial was on and didn't notice me come in.

I ran over to her and pulled her off the couch causing her to drop the magazine entirely and said with a huge smile on my face,”Mum, Lou is moving in today!!  He is moving in mum!”

My mum started laughing pulling me into a hug and said,”Yes he is!  Which means. .”She scrunched up her nose,”you really need to go take a shower.”

I looked at her a bit confused and then I got what she meant.  I didn't take one after work the other night and I probably am due for one.

I chuckled and said shaking her a bit,”Alright I will go take one, but mum he is moving in!  Like today! Like really soon! Wait how soon?  What time is it?  Do I have time to do everything?  I still have to take a shower, and brush my teeth and tidy my room which I should have down last night but forgot since I cleaned everywhere else but my room. Oh and cook breakfast, and change and probably shave and-”

She only smiled at me and held my body still which was now more awake than it has been for a few days and said,”Harry, calm down!  He is going to be here in like..”, she glanced at the clock behind me,”An hour and a half since it is 8 now and he gets here at 9:30.  That should be plenty of time as long as you don’t stress out so much, okay?”

I smiled at her feeling a bit better, and really glad that Gemma woke me up when she did or I might have slept till he got here,”Okay.  I will go get ready then.”