Chapter 39: The Battle

Start from the beginning

"It's all right." She told me softly. "We need to cast Fairy Sphere."

I wiped my tears away, seeing the trainers...no, the guild members stare at me with smiles and confident looks. "We can do this, Ellie." Serena told me.

"Yeah!" Ash pumped his fists. "We're Fairy Tail members, which means you can count on us!"

"Just tell us what to do." Clemont finished.

My eyes shimmered, then I nodded in confidence. "Okay. The trick to the spell is to feel everyone's love for you. All of your Pokémon, and all of the rest of the guild. Once you concentrate on that, just move your focus to why you love them, and why you want to protect them. Then it's smooth sailing."

They all nodded, and called all of their Pokémon to their sides. We closed our eyes in sync, feeling the power of the ethernano within us flowing in between. I could feel the glow of our hearts connecting as guild members. As family.

Now raise your arms one at a time. The power of the spell charged up more as I told them what to do. "ACTIVATE!" We all yelled together. The Pokémon joined in as the sphere started to appear. "FAIRY...SPHERE!!!" Our eyes opened with a glow, and the emblem appeared on the powerful sphere. All of the other guild members lowered themselves from the fights, and Natsu slammed a fire dragon iron fist into Zeref, pushing him back from the sphere's area. The sphere got bigger when everyone else joined in with their power, also giving us some leverage.

The legendaries struggled to attack us now. They fired and tackled with everything they had, but with no luck. They stopped after several attempts, and all looked at Arceus. They were waiting for orders.

I blinked in wonder, and Mavis stepped forward. "Why haven't you done anything yet?" She asked, looking at Arceus. She then moved her eyes to Zeref, who was glaring at her behind the sphere. She stepped forward toward him. "Give up, Zeref. Your power's not strong enough."

He just humphed, and snapped his fingers. The sphere disappeared above us like nothing happened.

My strength was also sapped away from me. I tumbled to the ground, along with the other trainers and Pokémon. I couldn't move.

"Zeref?!" Mavis yelled. "How??"

"You forget, Mavis. Wasn't it I that taught you this magic? I know you're smarter than this." I tried to lift my head, and saw my other guild mates barely trying to keep themselves up. They managed though, and stepped in front of us.

"Leave them alone, Zeref!" Mavis threatened. "You have no place with these Pokémon!"

"You underestimate me. It was Arceus who accepted my offer, after all." Arceus let out another growl as he floated down above him again. "And now all the others will, too."

I gasped in fright. "No!!" I yelled. Before I knew it, every Pokémon was on their feet, with red eyes that matched Zeref's. I trembled in fear, not having any strength to grab Eevee. "Eevee, stop! Everyone!"

"What's happening?" Serena grunted.

"He's taken control! He planned this! All of it!" I yelled in reply.

"And it's gone just as accordingly!" His cloak moved with the wind, and every Pokémon we had was now standing with him.

Including the ones we saved.

"This..." I trembled in fear. "This was all Zeref! Even me coming here in the first place! He knew everything that would happen! All because we forgot about him..." I punched the ground. "This was all our fault!"

"No..." Mavis replied. "It was mine." She had her head lowered. "I'm the one...who told him everything. I trusted him with their secret." She lifted her head again, tears rolling down her cheeks. "But that was my mistake. And I'm willing to pay for it."