5: Mario

____

Taehyung was really excited for Jungkook to come over to his house. He was telling him all the things they could do, most of them involving his playstation.

The bus ride to his house isn't as long as Jungkook's and Taehyung happily leads him through the little neighborhood once they get off.

"My mom says she was going to make us cookies!" Taehyung says as they walk down the sidewalk together.

Jungkook nods, licking his lips at the thought, "Yum."

Taehyung smiles and turns into a driveway at a little home. Taehyung opens the door and the smell of fresh baked cookies wafted through the air. Jungkook took in a deep breath,  not really remembering the last time he had cookies.

"Mommy?" Taehyung yells as he enters the house. Jungkook walks in behind him, looking at all the pictures. Jungkook slightly smiles when he hears Taehyung still use the word mommy. It was cute.

"Hello?" Taehyung calls again once there wasn't an answer.

There isn't any response so Taehyung goes into the kitchen, finding a note beside a plate of cookies.

"What's that?" Jungkook asks as he comes up behind Taehyung.

"My mom said she went to the store. I guess it's just us then."

Jungkook smirks and grabs a cookie, taking a bite out of it. He groans, "Dang."

"I know. Mommy makes the best cookies," Taehyung says as he eat one of his own.

Jungkook watches Taehyung as he munches on the cookie, his big brown eyes staring straight at the counter. Jungkook's lips pull upwards at his adorableness.

Once Taehyung swallows, he grabs the plate and Jungkook follows him to his room. Jungkook was not too surprised when he saw that there was a lot of purple in the room.

Taehyung had a pastel purple bedspread, purple curtains and a purple rug. His walls were a nice grey and everything seemed to be clean except for his small desk.

"You don't mind the color... do you?" Taehyung asks as he sits on his bed, setting plate of cookies beside him.

Jungkook looks over at him and shakes his head, "No. it's fine. You have a nice room."

Taehyung smiles and pats the spot next to him, "You can sit."

Jungkook walks over and sits next to him. Taehyung offers him another cookie, "How have you liked school so far?" Taehyung asks.

Jungkook shrugs. He's hated it truthfully. He had to pretend he was someone he's not. Once school was out, Jungkook was going to leave and escape the people after him.

"I don't like it."

Taehyung nods understandingly, "Is it the bullying? I know how it feels, but you just have to remember that you're the better person. That's what my mom tells me," Taehyung explains.

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows, "You get bullied?"

Taehyung purses his lips slightly, "Sometimes. People don't like my clothes," he says, wiping a few crumbs off his thigh.

Jungkook felt a little bad for the boy. Yeah, it wasn't normal for a boy to wear girl clothes but people didn't need to bully him for it. Taehyung was the nicest person he's met. Which is weird because people aren't just nice these days.

"You don't fight back?" Jungkook asks.

Taehyung shakes his head, "No! I don't like to fight. Jimin usually talks to them and they leave me alone, but sometimes they don't."

Jungkook frowns.

Taehyung sees Jungkook's displeased face, "It's okay, though! Now that I have you, it's two against one!"

Jungkook gives a small smile, "Have me?"

"Yeah!" Taehyung says, "you're now my other best friend!"

Jungkook gives a small smile, "Oh, I feel honored."

Taehyung giggles and moves the plate of cookies before grabbing a controller and plopping down on his bed. He hold up a blue controller and gives a innocent smile.

"You wanna play Mario?"

———