7 | REST IN PEACE

Começar do início

   I slip outside and look around, seeing there's nobody around. I peek in the door once more, everybody is occupied. I sit down on the front steps and take a small pack of cigarettes from my pocket, taking a single one out and putting the pack back in the inside of my coat. I light the cigarette up and take a long drag.

   Yeah, I smoke occasionally. Dean and Sam have their drinking, like most hunters, and I have smoking. I've been doing it on and off for years, but only just started up again recently.

   I close my eyes and feel the nicotine melt away my stress. That is until the door behind me opens. I put my cigarette out as fast as I can on the pavement and turn around to see the last person I could want to see.

   "Oh, it's just you," I say, shrugging, indifferent as I re-light my cigarette. I don't want to deal with Dean's crap right now.

   "What the hell? You smoke? Since when?" Dean asks, sitting down next to me. I'm surprised he's not yelling at me. His voice is kind of sad, he probably just had a conversation with his mom, maybe a fight. I sense tension. I don't want to get involved.

    I sigh. "Since I left you guys. Since I've been working with a demon and an angel to try and find the devil. Since I have these freaking psycho powers that I don't know how to control."

    Dean looks slightly taken at my town as I got up during the little spiel and am walking around in front of the steps. "Hey, you got your whiskey and I got my cigarettes. Leave it at that," I say, putting the thing between my lips again.

    "Works for me," Dean says, pulling a flask from the inside of his jacket and screwing the lid off. "So you knew Asa huh?"

    I nod, blowing smoke from my mouth. This feels better, easier, talking to Dean while smoking. "Yeah. We hunted a werewolf together. He was a good guy."

    "Did you know him the same way, Jody knew him?" Dean asks. I furrow my eyebrows.

    "No way, I don't even like most hunters," I tell him honestly.

    "Yeah, but Sam—"

    "Sam's different," I say, waving my hands a little. Dean smirks a little at my answer. "Oh, shut up." He rolls his eyes and sips his whiskey. "Shouldn't you be in there, you know, with your mom?" I say, gesturing to the door.

     "No, she's not here for us," dean responds bitterly. I frown a little. "She came for Asa." He gets up and starts walking around the little lot like I've been doing. "A dead guy. She came all this way for a dead guy. And she won't even answer the phone." I raise my eyebrows a little as Dean gets right in my face. I know he's not mad at me, he's just upset about his mom. It sucks too. I honestly feel for him. I would love to have my mom back, and it would piss me off if she didn't want to spend time around me.

    "Sorry," I say as Dean keeps walking. "Wow, Sam didn't seem this upset about it. He didn't even mention her."

    "Yeah, well, he thinks she does need time," Dean says. "He says, 'sometimes families do better after time apart'. Yeah, who, the Manson's?"

    I raise my eyebrows but don't say anything. I'm not going to argue with Dean, but it seems like he needs to vent. So he can yell all he wants, I know he needs to get it out.

    "She also doesn't like the fact that we grew up to be hunters," Dean continues. "She didn't want us raised in this life. And now she doesn't..."