Cas sits down next to me, right against the back of the Arby's. This surprises me, but I don't say anything about it. I just relax against the wall, a little exhausted from crying before. I lean my head against Cas's shoulder. He tenses up unexpectedly but then relaxes.

"I miss Sam," I say, resting my hands on my knees. It feels good to say that. I mean, it feels crappy to say that too, because I've been missing the younger Winchester something awful these past few days.

"So, why did you leave?" Cas asks curiously. I sigh.

"Just because you love someone doesn't mean you should stick around and screw up their life."

•••

The next day starts off on a bad note. When I wake up in the motel room I'm sleeping in, I check my phone and see a missed call. There's a message telling me that an old acquaintance passed away. His name was Asa Fox.

I met this guy a long while ago. Maybe eight or nine years now. He had a lot of facial hair, but soft eyes. He was real nice when we were working together.

The news of his death saddens me. He was a good hunter, which makes me wonder when my time will be up, and how I'm gonna go.

I tell Cas and Crowley I need a couple days to drive up to Canada for the wake. Cas understands obviously, but Crowley gives me this annoyed look like he couldn't care less.

     The drive up to Canada, a little place called Emerson specifically, is long, but driving my bike is a stress killer, so I don't really mind. I just have to dress warm because it's a little colder that far up north.

    Asa's house is nice and big. I remember it from those years ago. I get there in the afternoon and park my bike in the driveway along with some other hunters' vehicles that are already there. I talked to some old friends of mine who said they were coming too, actually they were the ones that informed me of Asa's death.

    I put my helmet on my bike handle and take the keys out before getting out and walking up to the door. I don't bother knocking, I know there are a lot of people here and they invited me anyway.

    I've been to a few hunter gatherings in my time, so I kind of know what to expect. There is rock music playing on speakers and there are hunters standing around laughing and bullshitting and drinking, most of them with a beer in their hand.

    "Bailey," a slightly aged woman's voice says as she notices me. Her hair is really short, and she is wearing large round glasses. I smile at her. "Thanks for coming. I know you like to stay busy."

    "Of course," I respond nicely. This is Asa's mother. "How are you holding up, Loraine?" I say, pulling away and noticing she has a drink in her hand.

    "Well, it's a house full of loud, drunk hunters," she says, and her voice is slightly slurring, she's probably already a little drunk. It's not even dark yet. "And my son's dead body is in the parlor," I look down, feeling sad about Asa and sympathy towards his mother. "But I haven't slit my wrists yet." She raises her glass, smiling a little. "Small victories."

    "Bailey!" Someone else comes up to me. I turn and see Alicia and Max Banes, the twins coming up to me with little smiles on their faces. These are the dudes that called me, we've run into each other many times over the years and I'm glad to call them my friends.

    "I'll talk to you later," I say softly to Loraine. She waves me off and I go over to sit on the couch with Alicia and Max.

    "So how've things been?" Alicia starts, slightly excited to see me. I always have the wackiest stories to tell them whenever we see each other.