Subjects

"Everything you hated, you seem to like it now..."

Onika
September 5th, 2016
Park East High-school
NewYork, NewYork

Nicki hated math with a capital H. Ever since crossing over to 6th grade she'd hated the godforsaken school forced subject. In her book numbers and Letters had no business being together, but high school math said other wise. She might have hated it but still managed to get all her work done and pass every course they forced upon her.

Her walk to math class was slow, but it was only the first day, and being late was more expected then being early. She looked at her schedule again making sure she was headed to the right room. G156- Algebra 2. The schedule read and she visibly sighed, if she hated algebra 1, what on gods green earth would make her like algebra 2?

"Onika, you're moving slow, why?" Came the annoying voice of none other then the vice principal, Mr. James. Nicki rolled her eyes, out of all the students in the hallway he picks her. 'I swear this nigga love me.' She thought to herself turning around.

"Mr James, it's the first day and you already fucking with me?" Nicki asked, her arms crossed, attitude initiated.

"Onika! Language! You might be a senior but I won't tolerate foul talk at all." Mr James said, causing Nicki to laugh and turn back around.

"Yea ite, Mr. James, you keep thinking that." Nicki said continuing her journey to math. People waved and spoke to her, she waved back but with slight a distraction on how she was gonna get through this upcoming year.

Finally reaching the classroom, she entered to find it still somewhat empty with a few students she recognized from having classes with through the years. Her eyes roamed the room and landed at 2 people up front near a desk. One a light skinned woman with blonde hair that looked no older then 25 and a white woman that looked to be in her late 30's. Nicki wondered which one was their teacher. Something inside of her hoping for the younger woman to be the teacher.

Nicki shook her head and took her seat watching a few more students file in the classroom until she spotted one of her good friends Terrence, who everyone called T for short. He was gay, but Nicki never had a problem with it since she dabbled from time to time with the rainbow herself. He wasn't the loud type just the respect him and he respects you type.

"T! Over here."Nicki called getting T's attention as they shared a wide smile with each other. Nicki got up and pulled the taller boy into a tight hug.

"Girl I'm glad you in here, now I got someone to be dead off of." T said sitting in the desk in front of Nicki's.

"You right, but no funny shit, I'm deadass trying to have an A in this class."Nicki said running her fingers through her long hair.

"Yea right Nic, everyone knows you hate math with a passion." T said sliding Nicki a knowing look, that caused her to laugh slightly.

"That's true but I'm trying to get out of here with some nice stuff on my report card, and slide to a nice college, you feel me?" Nicki said, leaning back in her seat. She played around the last three years and still got good grades. But she wanted this year to be perfect. With not one slip up.

"I feel you girl." T said as the bell rang and the last few students came in before the door shut firmly. Nicki looked towards the front noticing the older white woman from earlier was gone, leaving the light skinned one, with her back facing towards the class, Nicki's eyes slide down and widened slightly, mama was thick.