Unapologetic II

"Cause no ones hurt me more then this...and no one ever will..."

Nicki POV
Same day, Los Angeles

I stepped inside the house. An eerie feeling washed over me as I eyed the foyer. I hadn't actually been home in months. It felt like it wasn't home to me...it hadn't been since everything had went down between me and Bey the very first time.

I shook the memory off as I walked further into the house, I walked into the kitchen finding Gemma our housekeeper cutting up a pineapple.

She was and older woman From Panama and reminded me much of my grandmother, not to mention she could cook her ass off. She'd been working for me and Beyoncè since we'd gotten married.

Her and my mother even became fast friends which made her more like family. My mother likes you. I like you.

"Ms Onika, how nice to see you, how've you been?" She spoke as I walked further in setting my bag down and taking a seat on one of the stools.

"I can't complain." I said unconvincingly to myself, I eyed Gemma and she didn't seem to convinced either.

"Work?" She questioned. I knew she knew about Beyoncè and I's issue but she never approached the subject which I could appreciate.

"Always." I smiled lightly as she brought a bowl of the freshly cut pineapple to me, my mouth watered as I realized just how hungry the blunt made me. That's how I knew the high was setting in when my ass got hungry as hell.

I popped a piece of pineapple in my mouth savoring at the juicy flavor, shit it was so good it made me think about the last time I ate B-.

"Ms Onika?" Gemma called me cutting my thought off quickly.

"Hmm?" I hummed before swallowing the remnants of the piece in my mouth.

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the evening? I wanted to know if I needed to make extra dinner tonight?" Gemma asked, and I wished like hell I could make plans but I couldn't I had to do this.

"No Gemma I don't...but...have you seen Beyoncè by any chance today?" I said feeling my heart speed up and my face heat just by saying her name. My nerves were working double time but I knew the weed would work triple.

"Yes dear, last I checked she was in her office meeting with some of her creative team from Parkwood." Gemma said and I immediately tensed up, there was this one nigga on her team I couldn't stand.

My conscious was telling me to wait, but the weed had me feeling bold, I needed to make my presence known anyways, I'd been MIA enough.

"Thanks Gem..." I said beginning to gather myself,  I grabbed my phone out of my purse and the bowl with the rest of the pineapple as I began my walk to Bey's office.

My mind wandered with countless things I could say, but none of them struck me as genuine, none of them consisted of anything but, 'I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you,' and Beyoncé was a character that needed more than regular vernacular. I knew what she wanted. She wanted consolidation, an understanding.