She walked through a spacious, beautifully decorated living room, past a sophisticated and well established office, up a flight of stairs, and into a big lavender palace; her bedroom.

Going from a home in the projects to a home people making a medium amount of income could afford, was truly life changing for the Jones family. They had been living in this house for two years now, with no intentions of ever going back to their previous living situation.

Although It took them years to get out of the heavy financial and emotional debt they were in, slowly, but surely, they made it.

After removing her dress and changing into a long t-shirt, Kaylin fell backwards upon her queen sized bed, and breathed in the fresh air of an empty house. She wasn't an only child, but she might as well had been. Her sister was in college, and her brother moved into his own apartment about a year ago. And the great part about it was that Mrs. Jones wasn't in anyway hesitant with helping him pack his boxes.

But it was often that she missed the way her sister would struggle through the weekly task of combing through Kaylin's thick, wild hair every Sunday morning, and when she'd give her guy advice that she never would've been able to think up herself. And she even missed watching sports with her brother as they'd get into cordial arguments about who would and would not make it to the play offs. But fortunately for her, none of those memories could even be compared to the joy of having a whole house to oneself.

Though before she could take in that second breath of refreshing air-

"Kaylin!" a very familiar voice shouted from downstairs.

She quickly sat up, recognizing the voice instantly.

"Kaylin!" the voice repeated, this time less muffled and closer in proximity.

She hurried off of her bed as she listened carefully to the foot steps that were treading up the stairs.

Her eyes scurried around the room in search of any one of her pair of basketball shorts.

"I know you're home," the voice continued.

There was none in view, and slowly she began to panic because knowing the boy that was coming up the stairs, he would come bursting in at any moment; without any warning. She ran towards the door to lock it but a hand was already on the other side of the door. He pushed it open while Kaylin shoved it back ten times harder. She locked the door and turned so that her back was against it.

"What are you doing here, Jay?" Kaylin asked as she exhaled deeply.

"Open the door and I'll tell you," the voice on the other side of the door called.

Kaylin rolled her eyes as if he could see. "I'm not dressed."

"So?"

"Jay!" Kaylin shouted in disbelief.

"D*mn, sometimes I forget you're a girl."

She sucked her teeth loud enough for him to hear and said, "Shutup".

The shorts she were in search of were laying on top of her dresser in front of the mirror. She grunted when she spotted them, but nonetheless leant up from against the door to put them on.

"Hurry up," he pressed.

"Nigga, if you don't wait," Kaylin warned as she slipped one leg after the other into the navy blue shorts.

Seconds later, the door to Kaylin's bedroom was swung open and in the doorway stood pretty boy Jordan Hales. He smiled a bright pearly smile at Kaylin's obvious annoyance, whilst his hazel eyes glistened. "Cheer up, baby girl," he grinned, cupping Kaylin's chin. She quickly slapped it away.