《 chapter seven 》

KING'S LANDING

Amaryllis was not sure what to think of her bethroted. He seems kind and caring as he tried to do something for the poor children in the orphanage..

But still, he was a Lannister. He has Lannister blood streaming through his veins, according to some rumors even more Lannister blood than originally thought..

She sighs. She should not dwell so much on the blood of her soon-to-be husband.

Leila closes the door to her chamber and Amaryllis feels the fear of knowing what terrible thing has to come.

Taking off her veil.

"Leila, I really don't want to," she whimpers, grasping the silky material tightly between her long, slender fingers.

"But you have travelled so long, you should bathe to wash off the sweat and filth. I promise you Ama.. there is nobody to look at you."

"I am just so scared to look at myself Leila.. I hate looking at myself. I always feel disgusted.."

"There is nothing to be disgusted with Ama. We have known each other for so long, I know what happened. But, remember, everything that happened is not your fault. Nothing of it. Yes Ama?"

"Thank you Leila, I think that of all the people I know you are the best friend I've ever had." "Your words really stir my heart Ama," she murmurs, hugging her from behind.

Amaryllis stands up from her seat and Leila unlaces the corset of her dress. She strips from her dress and underdress.

Leila takes off the veil from her lady's head when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is there," Leila asks. "My Lady, your bethroted the prince Tommen asks for you to join him on a stroll through the gardens."

"Have a moment please," she yells. She looks at Leila, who nods as reply.

She grasps a sponge from a bowl of water and quickly goes over her body before drying her off and helping her into her dress.

Leila drapes the veil over her hair and pins it down so it wouldn't fall off.

Her dress was a mintgreen colour with lighter green pattern. Her corset holds everything tight.

Leila gives her hand an encouraging squeeze and pushes her towards the doors

She opens the doors and meets the kind green eyes of Tommen. He blushes and looks down at his feet.

"Good evening, my Lady. Sorry for bothering you but I was just curious to see if you want to take a walk with me through the gardens.. to get to know each other.."

He was blushing more furiously and she has to contain herself from giggling at his cute tries to make their 'relationship' work.

"I would be glad to walk with you, my prince," she replies, smiling at him.

She takes time to study his attire. It was red and gold, obviously, and completely in style of King's Landing.

 It was red and gold, obviously, and completely in style of King's Landing

He takes a step forward and gives me his arm. "If you would like to come with me then," he replies, smiling at her.

Tommen is so nice to her but.. could she trust him? He was still a Lannister..

Well, she shouldn't worry about that right now. It would blow her cover if she started asking questions like that.

She had to learn to trust him but keep up her guard.

Soon she and Tommen walk around, arm in arm, through the rosegarden. The sun was already going down.

"What do you think of King's Landing, Amary- I mean, Lady Amaryllis," Tommen asks, blushing at his mishap.

Amaryllis smiles at him and squeezes the arm she was holding.

"If we are in private you may call me Amaryllis, if you like?"

Tommen looks up at her, hope shimmering in his emerald eyes. Maybe Tommen wasn't like all the Lannisters after all..

"Well, if we are to be married we should know some things about each other, don't we?"

"Oh, do we have to," Ama asks him with a playful teasing voice.

Tommen blushes even more, his cheeks are now a fiery red. Amaryllis decided that she shouldn't mock and tease him so much. He was trying to get to know her, to become friends with her.

She should appreciate his tries, not stump them into the ground.

"I was joking Tommen, I would love to know more about you. I am not sure where to begin, so if you could..," she asks.

"Oh, well.. uhmm.. my favourite colour is gold, surprisingly, and.. oh yes, I have a cat!"

"A cat? How cute," Amaryllis replies, smiling at the sight she has before her: Tommen playing with a small golden kitten. She had no idea of the cat was a kitten, or golden, but it was a nice thought.

"Really, you think so," Tommen asks.

"Of course I do, all animals are cute. Many times the animals are even better than us humans.. Why do you think I wouldn't like it?"

"Joffrey always says that animals like cats are for little boys. He threatened to kill Ser Pounce.." "Is his name Ser Pounce? That is so cute," Amaryllis squeals.

Tommen looks at his bride-to-be and smiles. She wasn't ugly, like Joffrey says, she was beautiful.

And she was his, Tommen thinks as butterflies mess in his stomach.

Was he in.. love?