《 chapter two 》

KING'S LANDING

Tommen was awake for just a few minutes when the doors open. He was surprised to see the face of his sister as first in the morning, especially as she was softly crying and holding her cheek.

"Tommen, are you awake," his sister's voice softly speaks inside the dark chambers.

"Myrcella, is something going on," he asks, rubbing his eyes. He hears his sister's footsteps softly shuffling on the hard wooden floor towards the windows.

She opens the thick, red brocade with golden stitches that are his curtains and she pushes the shutters open.

He looks at his sister, standing by the windows, with a fiery red cheek.

"What happened," Tommen asks, jumping out of bed. He completely forgot that he was only in a cotton dress shirt.

He quickly sits down again and grasps the sheets to cover himself. Myrcella had closed her eyes since he stood, but now dared to look at her younger brother again.

"It was Joffrey, he hit me when I said something about Lady Sansa not deserving his punishments. He said that I knew nothing and that Lady Sansa was a little.. cunt," she says, murmuring the profanity.

"Joffrey is sick, everyone knows that but everyone lacks admitting it," Tommen replies, ruffling through his blonde locks.

"Hmm, like you then," Myrcella scoffs. Tommen wanted to reply something to that, but he knew that whatever he was going to say was a lie.

He was not a brave soldier that would rebel to his king.. he was just a little prince who was even scared of the dark sometimes..

"Sorry," Tommen mumbles. Myrcella sighs. "No Tommen, I am sorry. I shouldn't be so hard on you. It's not like you can do anything about it.."

The door opens and his servant walks inside with a plate of breakfast. He is surprised to see his princess and prince in the room.

"P-Princess Myrcella? Prince T-Tommen?" "There is nothing going on, Derian," Tommen ensures his servant.

After a long bath, his breakfast and changing into red and golden coloured robes that were tied around his middle and some pants.

He was completely dressed in the style of King's Landing.

A servant told him that his mother and grandfather asked him to be present at a meeting. He was curious to know why and so nearly runs through the corridors of the Red Keep.

Once he entered the room he greeted his mother, his grandfather, his two uncles, his brother and his sister. Then he takes place on the free chair that was reserved for him.

"Good morning, may I ask what this meeting is about?" "Everything on it's time, Tommen," his grandfather says, smiling at him.

His grandfather smiling? Something must be really benefitfull for him to be this happy.

"Have you heard of Houdse Martell, darlings," his mother asks. They all nod.

"Why are they important, mother," Joffrey sighs, playing with the knob of his sword. Tommen rolls his eyes.

"Well, Doran and Oberyn Martell have a powerful family. It would be an amazing opportunity to have them on our side," mother explains.

"Mother, you are speaking to a King, not to a toddler," Joffrey snaps. Tommen did not agree, but they indeed weren't dumb.

"Myrcella, Doran has a very nice and handsome son.. maybe it would be of our benefit to look at him as a.. suitor, maybe," grandfather says, looking at Myrcella.

His sister was blushing. Tommen heard her gossiping with her lady-friends in the gardens about 'handsome, marriable lords', and he had heard that Trystane Martell was high on the list.

"Tommen?"

He jumps up, seeing his whole family stare at him. He blushes a little at all this attention.

"Yes, mother?"

"Oberyn Martell has a lot of daughters, most of them fit to be married-" "Aren't those all bastards," uncle Jaime asks.

"Maybe they are, but Oberyn has legitimized them all and the one I am speaking of is quite admired by Doran Martell and Oberyn," Cersei replies cunningly.

"Who are you speaking off daughter," grandfather Tywin asks.

"Lady Amaryllis, oldest daughter of Oberyn," Cersei replies. His uncles spit out the wine they were drinking, his grandfather was turning pale, his brother was roaring with laughter and his sister looks sadly at him.

"Why are you all reacting this way, what is going on with Lady Amaryllis," Tommen asks.

"She is said to be uglier than a swine! Great catch, brother," Joffrey laughs.

Tommen narrows his eyes at his brother. He didn't care for beauty and a tight body as much as his brother. After all, when he was youger he wasn't the handsomest either..

"Do not laugh, Joffrey. Lady Amaryllis is a very smart girl who is said to have been through a terrible event during her childhood. Nobody has ever seen her without a veil since then, except for a few people," his mother explains.

"She would be a great way to bind Oberyn Martell to us.. with only Trystane that won't work, Oberyn is too headstrong for that. He is said to love his eldest daughter dearly," his grandfather muses.

"Why don't you send a letter out for Prince Doran and prince Oberyn with this proposal and ask them to visit King's Landing after they agreed," uncle Tyrion joins in, saving Tommen from having to talk about his supposed-to-be-bethroted ugliness.

"That sounds like a plan. Let the servant write a letter and prepare a raven. This should work."

Once his grandfather said those last words Joffrey went away to spend forced time with Lady Margaery Tyrell, his bethroted, and Myrcella and him end up alone in the room with their mother.

"Don't worry, darlings. I heard Trystane is very brave and galant, and that Amaryllis is very high-leveled and kind."

Tommen just hoped it would be as simple to love his 'wife' as his mother made it seem like. He did not want to end up in a loveless marriage like his parents.

No, he wanted to be different from his father. He wanted to be a nice husband to Amaryllis.

If only she would accept him as well..