CHAPTER 21

Kate's POV

Flashback.

I had been mad at the World in general. My mother mother was in some stupid place getting treated for stupid cancer, she had forbidden me to see her.

Neil had stopped talking to me. He asked me out on A date and just before I could leave to meet him, he had called and cancelled upon me.

Anna called me on my birthday that is today, she said Neil is in China.
I don't care if he is selling tea there. But he should have at least talked to me.

I hadn't slept in days. I had night shifts in maternity ward and nightmares. I hate 're living those ten days I was held hostage.

Today our hospital is holding a seminar. Some people are supposedly being honored for something.

I, as an student of this med school have to show my face there.

So on my Birthday, I wore one of dad's shirts, some old jeans and hide everything under the white doctors coat.

I loved this coat. I put on my glasses, wear the crocs and move on.

Grandfather wants me to prepare to become the next monarch. I was furious we had this conversation numerous times. But he said I am in the line of succession. I can avoid my rightful place at the throne but I cannot avoid training for it. This my mother had said to me.

She is using her health to blackmail me into doing things . She has already has us fulfilled at least a thousand death wishes. Its not funny mommy.

I cannot leave the college and go to Denmark now. After mom I will be the lady of the house in ceremonies and other stuff till one of my brothers get married.

Twins are gay. Ian is young. They have no option but to teach me .

They are apparently sending some one to do that with me . I don't know how will I make time in middle of this hectic med school . But what has to be done will be done on my part.

I quietly sit behind in the crowded room with my friend Augustine, she is kind and we love each other's company.

We make a small conversation and I take a small medicine book hiding under the pocket and read it.

I eventually get tired of reading and look up the stage. My blood freezes in my bones literally.

Neil was on the podium. He was being awarded at this ceremony.

NEIL'S POV

"How is she doing professor?" I ask Dr. Grace as Dr. Abraham read through my parents will.

"I am sure ,Your network keeps you informed Grimaldi. She's growing weak. I try to console the child, but her mother's impending death and poor child's past is affecting her too much.

She'd passed out in exhaustion last night as you know. I was recommended by her counsellor to give her rest days. I think I can give her a weekend off. Would you like that ?"

"Yes, Definitely. That way I could ease her in the new environment and get her some desperately required rest. Thanks for doing this Doctor Grace Dr. Abraham I am grateful. "

"Don't be. That pretty hardworking girl of yours deserves all we can do for her . There are very less people as compassionate as she is ."

I had brought Arthur my freshly trained submissive to help Kate prepare for social royal engagement.

He is basically from Denmark, knows Royal Etiquette and has been long time around royalty. He had researchers royal customs so I knew he is my man for the task.