Chapter 17

Kate's POV.

I am glad to see Emma doing so much better. That baby has already gone through sooo much at such a tender age. I am happy that things are finally working in her favour .

But I am very unsure of the way my own family has been treating me.
My brothers don't even listen to me anymore........

"Katie darling you are mentally whining again love...."
Neil said pulling me closer to him in the bed.

"Is it time to get up already ?" I asked in my morning voice.

I don't want to work out now my body is hurting .

"Yes it is darling. Do you want to run or do some indoor cardio for warmups ?"

I groaned internally. I should be in the hospital saving people and eating choclates and greesy fries ....

"Run" I said sulking
"Good. Meet me at the gym in twenty minutes after you get that done ?" He said giving me a chaste kiss on my lips and getting up.

I drag myself to the running tracks grudgingly after changing into my favourite yoga pants..... it's cold and dewy and I like it ...... As I am running I can see the lights of Emma's cottage on.
I know she is upset about the attack meant for her in the parliament and Ian isn't basically going very easy on her. I need to talk him out of this strict master phase . I think as I run along to the gym.

Yoga mats ?

I thought we were still doing weights .

This man !

"Yoga?"
"Yes babes today we will be using our own body weights to strengthen our cores. How about you do your stretches in the corner And I will join you when I am done with mine ?"

I do that obediently... for some reason I feel empty an dark inside. Neil looks at me with a weird expression and then smiles brightly flashing all his teeth. I try to do that but my smile is well dull.

"Oh princess looks like it's not the brightest morning you have had but I think some exercise should help to lift up your mood "

I nod and quietly do the stretches .
My tummy doesn't feel too good as well.

"So wanna learn something new ?"
No. I thought and look at him quietly.

"Let's see how fast can you learn a headstand Katie "

I mentally roll my eyes and proceed on the mat.

"Don't look so uninterested darling, you might start enjoying the position soon enough, when I fuck you upside down with my head clenched between your thighs."

What?

I do not want to be distracted by sex so early in the morning. This devil ! Yet I am clenching my thighs tight enough to crack a nut.

"Seriously though ? You giving me mental images of sexy time just before the yoga time won't help my focus. "

He laughed. "I got you talking at least"

I smiled at his effort.

"Okay Katelyn now keep your fore arms and legs on the ground please............. very good ...........keep elbows one fore arm apart.........nice..
......walk forward ...

....clench Your core .........stay....."

About after twenty seconds I squeaked in exertion.

"Ouch. Can't hold it Neil. "

He smiled at my scrunched up face and slowly lifted my feet off the ground.

"Head firmly on the hands kitten......body weight on the shoulders please."

"Breath in on.tge count of 10,9,8,7,.........4,3,2,1."
I sighed in relief as I came downback on the ground .

Once we were done with the stupid head stand practise. I quietly sat on the chair. Neil brought me chilled bottled water and said "So why are you not feeling good this morning Katie?"

"I miss work." I sniffed in the sleeve of my shift.

"Shush. No.crying" he said firmly.
"Your work is your addiction Kate it's not have even been a week since you left hospital and you are a crying mess already."

"I miss those kids, I like being there. I am obsessed with my job."

"No Katie. You are not obsessed with your job. Your job is your coping mechanism. Love you swarm yourself with work so you don't have to talk to anyone. You keep your self busy to avoid life.
It is not good for you or your work either."

I remain silent.

"Be a good girl and finish training. You will be helping Elijah with his presidential election. Become a face for him to flaunt in his armour. Your dad is supporting the campaign that is no secret . Time for you to do big girl stuff. We will be in New York next month. Please focus with me here till that happens."

"Dad didn't mention it to me."
"Because we finalised the idea while you were running he hasn't had the opportunity to pitch the idea to you since then. But I know you will have no problems with that."

He said giving me a warning look.

"Dad told you convince me....He knows I hate being the centre of attention."

"Never underestimate your dad princess. He knows I will not convince you..... I will have you do things you like it or not "

"I don't like being centre........." I started.
"Katelyn you don't have to like it do it."
"I am not Emma that you will dictate me like that. "
"Exactly Katelyn you are not Emma .....don't be a child. You can be more obedient little one.".

"How ? Why ......"
"Why don't you go and take corner position, I am sure you will understand"

I stood in the corner stupidly....feeling irritated ..... I am a grown woman and a ex dominatrix that could make men swivel in tears...

"Katelyn my love ?" His voice told me to be submissive .
"Where is your engagement ring ?"
My heart dropped to my stomach. It wasn't on my finger.