Tybzi - Visiting Navy Pier

“Y/N. We have to visit Navy Pier!” Tybzi sings into the phone. You inch away from the phone slightly, and can still hear his words ringing in your ear. You knew he’d always wanted to visit the Pier with you since forever. But you were nervous. You didn’t like crowds or being near people in general. The thought of being near hundreds, maybe even thousands of strangers terrified you. You cradled the phone and sighed into the receiver.

            “I don’t know Tybz. I’m not a huge fan of—” You were explaining yourself when he cut you off.

   “I know Y/N, but sometimes you have to live a little. Come on, it’ll be fun.” Tybzi says, trying to convince you.  It might not be that bad, you tell yourself. Plus, on the bright side, you’ll get to spend a day with your crush. How awesome would that be? You decide to take Tybzi up on his offer.

   “Alright fine, I’ll come. You can pick me up now.” You say, nervously. It’s almost like you can hear Tybzi smile through the phone.

   “Okay! Be ready ya silly goof!” He laughs and hangs up. You set your phone down and go to the bathroom to fix your makeup. Thankfully, your hair isn’t a horrid mess like it usually is. Your makeup has been carefully applied and your jewelry is secured in place. The skater skirt you’re wearing compliments your body- as well as the crop top. You look down at your black converse and then back up at yourself in the mirror.

            “Y/N! Let’s go!” Tybzi shouts through the door. You flinch and grab your phone and purse. Why did he have to be so loud? As you open the door, a breeze rushes past you. It’s windy out. You look at Tybzi and smile. He rolls his eyes and grins.

   “You might want to grab a jacket, ya goof.” Tybzi says, tightly holding onto his. You nod, agreeing, and go back to fetch a black Northface from your closet. Tybzi chuckles when he sees your choice in outerwear.

   “Alright, let’s go!” He exclaims, swinging his keys. You exit your house and don’t bother to lock it; your mom was still home. Tybzi goes over to the passenger side of the car and opens the door for you. You smile at him and get in the car.

*

            When you arrive near Navy Pier, your breath shortens. You didn’t expect this many people to be here. Tybzi parks his car in a car garage somewhat close to the Pier. You both get out and he locks the car. You grab his hand, and point at the crowds on the Pier. Tybzi chuckles and holds your hand tightly, sending butterflies to your stomach. After you arrive at Navy Pier, Tybzi points at the Ferris wheel. You start to shake your head no, when he pulls you along anyways. He pays for the tickets and before you know it, you’re above Chicago. The ride stops at the very top and you realize Tybzi is looking at you.

            “Why are you looking at me and not Chicago?” You say, feeling like a worm under a microscope.

  “You’re more beautiful to look at.” He says, sighing. You feel your heartbeat pace shoot sky high, literally. Why would he think you were beautiful? You look out the glass separating you from Chicago, and realize the cart still hasn’t moved.

  “I’m sorry… I make everything awkward. Just forget what I said,” Tybzi whispers. You look at him and smile.

  “You think I’m beautiful?” You ask, full of hope. Tybzi nods. You lean over and kiss him. He pulls you into his lap and you wrap your arms around his neck. He has one hand on your waist and the other is on your head. His lips are soft against yours and you finally pull away. You awkwardly get up from his lap and go back to sitting across from him. He blushes and you do too.

            “I like you a lot Tybz,” You giggle. He smiles.

  “I feel the same way about you,” Tybzi replies, dreamily. The ride starts to lurch forward and you shortly arrive at the bottom. You both hop off, and you slip your hand into Tybzi’s.

  “I’ll treat you to ice cream. Come on, beautiful.” Tybzi grins. You both walk over to a small ice cream shop and pick out two different flavours – cookie dough and Superman. You sit down at a booth and eat your ice cream together. Tybzi laughs when you realize that you have a bit of the Superman on your nose. You wipe it off and laugh, embarrassed.

            “You’re absolutely stunning,” Tybzi reminds you as you dug into the cookie dough ice cream. You look up at him and let out a small smile. You feel good, especially knowing that Tybzi is crazy for you. Today has been the best day ever, and you can’t believe that you almost refused this amazing time.