ThatOneTomahawk - Promises

“Just get over here, please.” Tomahawk says, and he sounds really sad. You wonder why. Tomahawk’s always upbeat, even if he’s sick or secretly sad. Something really bad must’ve happened. You quickly hop on your bike and ride over to Tomahawk’s house. You get off your bike and leave it in his front yard. You don’t bother knocking when you go inside his house; you know he prefers if you don’t knock. Slowly, you walk to his room. From the sounds of it, Tomahawk is sobbing. It’s either that or crying.

            As you enter his room, he’s curled up on his bed, sobbing.

  “Julio!” You say, running over to him. His sobs fill the room. You look at him helplessly. What could you do? Then, he looks up at you with a tear stained face. His green eyes look almost hazel. He then pushes his head back into his pillow and sobs more. You sit awkwardly next to him, rubbing his back.

            “What’s up, Julio?” You ask, concerned. He gets up and pushes himself up against the wall, staring you straight in your e/c eyes.

  “Hayden broke up with me.” He says, rolling his eyes.

  “Why?” You ask. You had to admit, you were extremely happy. You had been in love with him ever since you had become close friends.

  “She cheated on me and then got mad when I told her that it’s not okay to cheat on your boyfriend.” Julio said, holding his head in his hands. You scoot closer to him and put your arm around his shoulders.

            “You deserve way better than that bitch,” You smile. He only looks at you.

   “The girl I want is way out of my league, though.” He sighs, snuggling against you.

   “No one’s out of your league,” You sigh, wishing he’d feel the same way that you felt towards him.

   “This girl is,” Julio replies, looking down.

   “Well, I can promise you that I’ll always be here for you.” You say, shakily. You were known for keeping your promises, and sometimes it was a bad thing.

   “You will?” Julio looks shyly up at you.

   “Of course I will, you’re my best friend.” Your voice almost faltered on the last two words. Julio looks at the floor. You start to rub his back again, and his head drops to his hands, yet again. It hurts you to see him like this. You just wanted him to be happy.

            “Thank you for being there, Y/N. I really don’t deserve you.” Julio says his head still in his hands.

   “I think it’s quite the opposite,” You whisper to mostly yourself. Julio meets your gaze and shakes his head.

   “But it isn’t. You are completely amazing and I’m just me.” Julio says. You shake your head and break out a grin.

   “This might be awkward, but I’m awkward. I love you so much Julio,” You say confidently. Julio just stares at you, taking in what you said. He then crashes his soft lips against yours. You feel fireworks going off, and you know that he’s the one. Julio slowly pulls away and stares deeply into your e/c eyes.

            “I love you even more,” He says, smiling.

A/N: I don't hate Hayden if that's what you're thinking. I just felt weird writing one if the person has a girlfriend so I have them break things off with their girlfriend.  Have a lovely day/afternoon/night/whatever! <3 And if you love them together, that's totally fine.

-Emily