[Chapter Seven] Screw you, Daryl

3rd person view

Arianna woke up in the humid tent. She sat up and saw that Daryl wasn't there.

She got up and grabbed her leather jacket and pulled on her boots.

She walked out of the tent, And walked over to the rest of the tents, Approaching Andrea.

"Hey Blondie, Have you seen Daryl?" Arianna asks. Andrea looked up and shook her head.

"I think he told Rick he's going on a run." Andrea informed Arianna. Arianna thanked her and walked to the graves.

She plucked a pair white roses that were growing by and placed them on her daughters and Sophia's graves.

Arianna took out her knife and etched her daughters name into the wood, Doing the same for Sophia.

"I'm so sorry Jess. I should have been the one that got you from school.. I'm an idiot.."

She started to cry silently. Then she started wailing. Her tears were no longer tears of sadness, They were tears of anger.

She wiped her tears and went into the house, Grabbing an apple. Beth walks by Arianna, Smirking.

"You know, Daryl loves me." Beth tells her. Arianna stops eating the juicy, red apple.

"Wh-What?" Arianna asks, Her chest heaving.

"Yeah. Daryl and I had lots of fun last night. If you know what I mean." Beth says, Winking.

"No, Daryl was with me last night, That cant be true." Arianna sadly says. Beth, Who still hasn't wiped the smirk off her face, Opens her mouth to speak once more.

"To him, You are nothin'."

This mad Arianna angry. She flung the apple, Just missing Beth by three inches, And starts yelling.

"I AM NOT NOTHING! I WAS NEVER NOTHING!" Arianna screams, Then storms out of the house. She walked right into Daryl.

"Arianna are you-"

Slap. Thats what she did. She slapped him.

"Screw you Daryl. Screw you for making me love you. Just like everything else, I was wrong about you. About us. I hope Beth keeps you in good company." Arianna says. Before she could run away, Daryl grabbed her arm.

"What the hell? What do you mean?" He asks. Arianna jerks her arm away from Daryls grasp.

"Good bye, Dixon."

The next day, Arianna woke up in Carols tent, Feeling bitter.

"Hey Honey, are you feeling okay?" Carol asks, Putting her stuff together.

"No." Arianna says, Turning in her sleeping bag. "Dixon can go screw himself."

Arianna walked toward the house, Getting stopped by Maggie.

"Your sister's a jerk." Arianna mumbles quietly. Maggie looks up at her.

"Can you and Daryl go into town today? Heres a list." Maggie says, Ignoring Arianna and handing her a list.

"Sure Maggie, Because I said yes." Arianna grumbles under her breath. She went towards Daryl's tent.

"Dixon-"

"Oh so now you're callin' me Dixon again?" Daryl asks, Interrupting her.

"Shut up. Maggie wants us to go into town, were goin' on a run."

"And you just agreed?" Daryl asked her. Her chocolate brown eyes stung with tears.

"No. She wasn't listenin'. I'm leavin' soon." Arianna says, Standing up.

She walks to Carols tent, Grabbing her backpack and leather satchel. Before she left to meet Daryl, Carol wished her to stay safe.

"Always am." Arianna tells her with a smile.

The two met up at Daryl's tent. Daryl got on his bike and told her to get on. She mounted the bike and wrapped her arms around Daryl's waist. She put her chin on his back and embraced the wind blowing in her face.

Daryl stops his bike in front of a convenient store.

"I'll go in, You stay out here." Daryl tells Arianna. Before she could argue, He went in. She followed him inside.

Arianna raised her machete in alert. A walker came behind her. She spun around, And drove the long machete across the walkers neck, beheading it. She flicked her wrist, Splattering blood on the floor.

Arianna looked around the store, While reading the list. She scanned the shelves.

"Ah. Here we go." Arianna says, Grabbing the flashlights on the shelf.

Once the convenient store was cleared, They walked across the street to the pharmacy. Then there was the familiar sound of a gun cocking.

"Lay down your weapons and put 'em up!" The man orders. Daryl hesitantly obeys while Arianna places down the machete, Thinking of a plan to get them both out of this alive.

"Who are you?" The man demands.

"I'm Ari. What do you want?" Arianna asks, Slowly bringing her left hand down.

"Well, Ari. You and your boyfriend I going to tell us where you came from." The man says.

"And if I don't?" Arianna asks smugly. The man tilts his head. 

"Then your gonna wish you did."

Arianna kept calm. Daryl however, He grabbed Arianna's knife out of her jeans and plunged it into the mans skull.

They collected their weapons and ran out of the pharmacy. They noticed that it was almost nightfall and no point in going back to draw out more walkers.

Arianna sat in front of the dying coals, Trying to warm up. Then Daryl sits next to her, Wrapping his poncho around the both of them.

"The nights are gettin' colder. Might as well keep each other warm." Daryl tells her.

"How can you say that?" Arianna asks him in disbelief.

"Say what?" He asks.

"'Keep each other warm'. How can you say that after sleeping with Beth?" Arianna asks him.

"What? I didn't sleep with her, I swear!" Daryl tells her.

"Prove it then. Prove that-"

"I love you." He blurts out. Arianna's eyes widen.
___________
Word count: 1032
Their relationship is gettin pretty spicy ;))))