[Chapter One] People Slow You Down

A woman ran through the forest, Stumbling upon a large group. They had women, Men and more interestingly, Children. Arianna never thought she would ever see a child ever again. Her thoughts were taken away by people shoving guns in her face.

"We asked you what your name was." A blonde woman sternly says, Holding a silver handgun. "If you don't state who you are, We will fire."

Arianna wasted no time being a smartass. She looked at the blondes gun, And darted her eyes to where she's actually aiming.

"My name is Ari Reese." She told the group. Then she looked at the woman with horrible aim. "And for the record Blondie, Next time you threaten someone, Check where your aim is."

The blonde woman stomped away after getting that remark. The remaining three people stayed though.

"Do you have a group?" The Mexican asked. Arianna starts laughing.

"Group?" She asked. "People only slow you down. I'm better on my own." She says, Ignoring the shooting pain in her right leg. She moved it slightly.

"Oh yeah? What if its your leg that slows you down and not people?" The police officer asks, Trying to be smart. "You bit?"

"Its definitely people. I would be over there if you people weren't here." Arianna says. She points at the range of mountains. "Oh, And I'm not bit."

"Well, Lets get that leg fixed and you can be on your way, How about that?" The deputy asks. Arianna thinks about many scenarios in her head. How they could get her killed, How they can kill them selves, Stuff like that.

"Fine. But as soon as I can't feel the pain, I'm gone. No exceptions." Arianna says with a glare. The deputy and the rest put down their weapons and help her to the camp.

Arianna talked to Carol as she stitched up her leg. Arianna learned that Carol has a daughter named Sophia. Arianna tells Carol that she had a daughter.

"I'm done stitching your leg." Carol says, Taking Arianna's leg off of her own and standing up to wash her hands.

"Thank you, Carol." Arianna tells her.

"I think Lori is making sandwiches. What kind do you want? We can make baloney, Peanut butter and jam and grilled cheese."

"I would never say no to a grilled cheese." Arianna says, Picking at her nail. Carol gives her a smile and helps Arianna up and walk toward the fire.

"Lori-- This is Ari Reese. Ari, Meet Lori Grimes." Carol introduces them. Arianna shakes Lori's hand and allows her to continue to make the sandwiches.

The next day, While having a mid conversation between Lori and Ari, A faint car alarm is heard in the distance. Lori and Arianna quickly put their heads up, Trying to see whats going on.

In a matter of twenty three seconds, A red sports car pulls up with a Chinese man as the driver.

Amy, The sister of the horrible shot, Is constantly nagging the China man about her sister. Lori helps Arianna up, Not wanting to just leave her. While everyone is arguing, Arianna starts yelling.

"Pop the hood, Chinaman!" Arianna is somehow heard over the group all yelling.

The Chinaman goes back in the drivers side and presses a button. Arianna limps over to the hood painfully and lifts it. She grabs the noise box thing. (I cant remember what its called.)

"You a mechanic?" A man named Jim asks Arianna. She turns around and uses her arm as a shield against the sun.

"No." She plainly said. Jim looks confused.

"How'd you know what to do then?" He asks. Arianna rolls her eyes at Jim.

"I don't need to go to school to know things." She says with a small smirk. A box truck then rolls in. A bunch of people climb out, Reuniting with their families.

"Don't you have a family, Ari?" Carols girl named Sophia asks. Arianna looks down at her, Then at the sky.

"No. But they're waitin' for me, That's for sure." Arianna says. She then limps away, Carol at her side. All of a sudden, The boy named Carl yelled 'Dad'.

She turned around and saw Lori, Carl and a sheriff hugging. Arianna looked away from the sight. Whenever someone even brought up family, Tears pushed to escape her brown eyes.

"Are you okay, Ari?" Carol asks. "Do you need to sit down?"

"No, No. I'm fine." Arianna mutters. She took a step and fell forward, Carol falling down with her. 

Then that, They had a fire. They were all asking how Rick made it out alive. Then Morales opened his mouth.

"How about you blondie?" Morales asks. "You've been with us for what, Two days? Whats your story?" Arianna starts getting nervous.

"Well, Um. Instincts. Remember how I told you how people just slow you down? I used my instincts and trusted my gut." Arianna says. Dale is the next to talk.

"We need to talk about Daryl Dixon. Has anyone given any thought about the reaction Daryl will have when he finds out his brothers been left behind?"  Dale asks. Arianna leans into Carol.

"Who's Daryl Dixon?" Ari asks. Carol looks at her and smiles.

"You'll find out soon. Your going to fall for him!" Carol squeaks. Arianna rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, And I can turn water into wine." She tells Carol. All of a sudden, Ed told Carol to move the log.

"How about you-" Carol stops arianna from talking.

"Please, Ari. Stay out if this." She whispers before standing up and moving the burning log. Arianna leans back in her chair, Watching as the low flames flicker on and off like a dying flashlight.

The next morning, Arianna woke up early. She normally wasn't much of a morning person, But she went and did her part anyway.

She was good like that. If someone told her to check on the kids, She'd check on the kids. 'can you fold the laundry?' Boom. Consider it done. 

When Arianna was collecting all of the dirty laundry, She heard Sophia scream. She dropped her basket and immediately limped towards her. She asked if she was okay before entering the clearing. It was the same clearing the group met Arianna at.

There was a walker feeding on the neck of a deer. Before anyone did anything, Arianna took out her black switch blade and drove it through the walkers skull. A second later, A snap of twigs was heard. Arianna had her hand on her grandfather's revolver, preparing for anything.

Instead of a walker coming out if the bush, A man did. A man with brown hair and Georgia blue eyes. Arianna looked at the crossbow in his hand, Being curious. She also saw a rope of squirrels hanging off of his shoulder.

"Son of a bitch! That's my deer!" The man yells. "Look at it, All gnawed on by this filthy disease bearing poxy motherless bastard!" He yells while kicking the walker in the process.

"Calm down son. That's not helping." Dale tells him. The man goes up to Dale.

"What do you know about it, Old man? Why don't you take your stupid hat and go back to 'On golden pond'?" The man asks, Flicking dales floppy hat.

Arianna approached Carol on her way back from the clearing.

"Is that Dixon?" Arianna asks her. Carol starts chuckling.

"I told you, That you'd fall for him." Carol chuckles. Arianna gives her a playful shove.
_____________________
Word count: 1260
How was that for my first chapter and book? Did i do all right?  Please let me know if i made any mistakes!!