•remade•

"ɴᴏᴡ ɪᴍ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴄᴏʀɴᴇʀ ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛʀʏɴᴀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ɢᴏ?"

~ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ɢᴏ'

Alaric who wasn't himself carried Allison's body through the cemetery with Ester.

"Why are we here?" Alaric asked her.

"Long ago on this spot my son tore my heart from my chest. The violence of my death marked this ground for all time. She answered as they entered the Salvatore tomb.

Esther stands in front of a bowl. Alaric put Alli down on the ground before standing on the opposite side, facing Ester.

"I'll need your ring," Ester said holding out her hand.

"Now, why would I give you the one thing that protects me from death?" He questioned her.

"I will give you all the protection you need, however, the stake will burn up in the body of its first victim. If you are to kill all of my children I will need to bind the protective magic in your ring to the stake, thus rendering the white oak indestructible." Ester explained and so Alaric gives Esther his ring.

She drops it into the bowl and starts chanting a spell. Flames burst up from the bowl as the ring melts. Esther stirs the molten metal with the white oak stake and then turns it upside down. The metal pours down and covers and fuses with the white oak.

"The ultimate weapon for the ultimate hunter," Ester said as they stared at the now indestructible stake.

"Stay with the girl. I'll fetch the doppelgänger." Ester said.

"Why did we even bring her here?" Alaric asked, even in his wrong mind he still cared about her.

"She's a fail-safe. Imagine an immortal Argent who is destined to love an original vampire. She'll never be able to love someone she's supposed to kill." Ester said with a smirk before leaving.

While she was talking the real Alaric came back for a minute. He knew Allison stopped believing in her family's original code for a very long time. Ester didn't know she changed the code.

Alaric snapped back out of himself quickly and waited until Ester arrived with Elena.

"You'll forgive me for taking you from the dance this evening. That's the burden of being the doppelgänger, I'm afraid. Your blood is a potent binding agent for a witch's spell." Ester said to Elena as they walked into the tomb.

"Just please don't hurt Alaric," Elena begged.

"She's not hurting me," Alaric said coming out of the dark.

"Ric!" Elena said and began to move towards them but stops when she sees Allison unconscious on the ground.

"What's going on? What are you doing with Alli?" Elena questioned looking at her injured friend.

"I'm going to remake them," Ester said.

"Remake them?" Elena repeated confused.

"Make them strong, fast, like my children. Indestructible. For one final time I'm going to tap into the dark magic I used a thousand years ago. Like my husband Mikael before him I will make them into a true hunter, a vampire to end all vampires." Ester explained.

"You can't create another Original. What if they turn out to be even bigger monsters than your children?" Elena questioned.

"He won't know that he has embraced his darkest aspect his hatred for them will become more pure and uncompromising. In death, that hatred will be magnified. As for the Argent, hunter runs through her blood that will be magnified as well." Ester continued.