•understand•

"ᴀᴍ ɪ ᴀsᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ?
ɪ'ᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ's ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ʏᴇᴀʜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ"

~sʜᴀᴡɴ ᴍᴇɴᴅᴇs 'ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ'

The week Kol and I spent together was nice. We had gone out a few of the nights on nice dates, and none of them ended with having to stab anyone.

It was so nice to have a normal week where nothing crazy happened. I know Elena and Damon had shown up looking for someone to tell them what bloodline they were from but I let Kol do that on his own. I wanted one last day of normal because I knew what I was coming home to.

Everyone trying to kill Nik.

"Elena, I understand. I'll be there soon," I said to her over the phone as I drove past the welcome to Mystic Falls sign.

"You can't keep stalling Alli, Alaric really needs you." She said and I scoffed.

"I'm not stalling. I had something to take care of." I said thinking, I was gone a week how bad could it of gotten. She had just hung up after letting out a frustrating grunt.

"I'm sorry I'm not Damon," I mumbled under my breath as I pressed the petal a bit harder. I'm not like Damon, I'm not going to drop everything for her.

I dialed Klaus' number next while I drove right over Wickery Bridge.

"Nik, what happened to my uncle?" I called to ask him because I knew he wouldn't lie, plus Elena refused to tell me over the phone. He just sighed.

"I'm afraid his hunter side is slowly taking over. I believe he killed Caroline's father." He said and my eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, love." He said to fill the silence I left.

"I have to go see him with Elena," I said and I could feel his sympathy through the phone. It was like he felt like Alaric was as good as dead.

"Come see me today." He said and I laughed at the fact he wasn't asking, no he was telling.

"Sure. Give me a few hours." I said hanging up as I pulled in front of the infamous Salvatore Boarding House. I parked my SUV and walked in without a knock.

"Daggers, nice of you to join us finally," Damon said and I just rolled my eyes before walking over and hugging Alaric.

"How are you feeling uncle Ric?" I asked and he just sighed.

"My heads pretty messed up Al, I already told Elena what to do when it gets too bad." He said and I kept a straight face.

"You may not carry the Argent name but it's the law. Whatever alter ego you have is from a supernatural ring you possessed. You know what to do before you lose control of yourself." I said and Damon's eyes widened. He knew I meant death. Alaric must take its own life before it takes over.

"What the hell's your problem? You're out sleeping with the enemy and now you want to talk code?" Damon said but I ignored him, my eyes not leaving Alaric's.

"You chose this life. You must follow through the vows you made." I said and he nodded. Before my father trained him he was sworn in. He took an oath to follow our laws. Unlike my father and I who were born into this, he had a choice.

"Anything I can do to make you more comfortable, please let me know," I said and he nodded before I turned to leave. Damon followed me out.

"Allí!" He yelled using my name. He never did that. Only when things were bad and they were.