Rich and I turned to each other. He had the biggest smile ever.

"I'm so happy for him Jake! I really want this to work out." He spoke hopefully, eyes shimmering as he spoke.

"I hope it works out too. Michael's always been there for Jeremy. And, to be honest, Jeremy and Chris are not the best match." I rubbed the back of my neck.

The whole dock was buzzing with the exited chatter of everyone on it.
But it all fell silent when Jeremy and Christine climbed back up onto its wooden surface.

"Christine and I... are no longer together." He spoke with an awkward smile on his face.

On the other hand, Christine looked hurt and angry.

Michael was sitting on the edge of the dock, smiling to himself anxiously. Jeremy sat next to him. Their voices were too quiet to be audible.

Rich and I were speaking excitedly about new music that was coming out. AJR, TØP, Panic!'s new album.

The girls were trying to comfort Christine.

Then we heard Jeremy's and Michael's whispers cease and a surprised him from Jeremy.

We all turned to them, only to see the two kissing on the dock.

It was pretty cute. They looked so happy together.

The girls, by which I mean Chloe, Jenna, and Brooke, were fangirling together. They seemed to have completely forgotten their original objective as they focused on their two friends kissing.

The two finally pulled away, looked at each other for a moment before laughing. Jeremy was nodding excitedly.

"HE SAID YES!!" Michael yelled, hugging Jeremy.

We all started clapping. All except Christine.

"What!? Michael asked you out the same day you broke up with me!?" She shrieked.

Michael shrugged. "Chris, I've been pining for years. I think I deserve this happiness."

Our little group nodded in agreement with Michael, much to Christine's displeasure.

She was acting as if we had all chosen a side when, in reality, we were simply supporting our friends' relationship.

Christine jumped off the dock, swimming to shore. We all assumed that she was just going home.

The remainder of us just shrugged it off.

"If she wants to go home, so be it. The rest of us can deal with this later. We want to have fun now and celebrate our friends' gay relationship!!" I yelled, much to Rich's delight. I could tell he liked my short speech as he shouted.

"JAKE IS RIGHT!! CONGRATTH JEREMY AND MICHAEL! LET'TH FUCKING PARTY!!"

God, thank you for sending me this tiny ball of sunshine and energy.

The rest of our friend's cheered. Jeremy's and Michael's yelling was drowned out by the girls' screaming.

The rest of the time we were at the lake we were swimming and jumping and playing around. You know, like normal friends.

Like a couple of friends who are gay for each other and one that has a gay crush on another and three that just like having fun together.

Fuck. Did I seriously have to mention my crush on Rich?

The moment after I thought that Rich started dancing when there was no music. The only noise was the blowing of a ship's horn. He was acting like that horn was music.

Holy shit that's adorable. Please, let me die in peace.
I can die happy now that I have seen the beauty of this boy in front of me.

•••••••••••••••
Word count: 1100

That's not a joke

And yes, I know. My uploads have been super fucking quick. This is the second chapter I've written in 24 hours. I haven't slept in 3 days!!

But I hope you all enjoyed and I also hope you have a lovely day/night/evening/morning!!

I will look forward to reading your comments!!

Shout out to
SmolDeadlyChild ((my gf))
-brookie-lohst- ((for commenting))

Edge:Out