• one •

"Jun, are you even listening to me?"

The older lifted his gaze from his phone, staring blankly at his friend who couldn't stop pacing around the room.

"Sorry dude, I got carried away"

Jun lied. He was tired of his best friend talking about his stupid crush on the girl next door.
Minghao had been speaking about the girl for way too long and Jun was way beyond tired of hearing stuff about her.
He didn't tell Minghao that, of course.

"What were you saying?"

Jun asked, dropping his phone on the bed and getting comfortable. Minghao started pacing around the room again, ranting about his stupid crush.

"It's just... I really want to ask her out, but how? And what if she tries to kiss me? I don't know how to kiss Jun I'm really bad at this kinda stuff please help me"

Yes, yes you are

Jun thought to himself, getting slightly jealous of the fact that when he was spending time with his best friend, the other was focusing on his crush.

"Look, if you want to ask her out, then ask her out, just be yourself I guess or whatever"

Jun answered somewhat bitterly, guilt filling his mind suddenly. He didn't mean to sound so rude, he was just tired of hearing about that girl.
Minghao shook his head lightly so his black hair would stop covering his sight, and he sat down on the bed next to Jun.

"Wow thanks Jun that's so helpful"

He said sarcastically, falling back on the bed. Jun stared at him, mindlessly playing with the hem of his shirt.

"Look, I'm sorry, I'm just tired"

Tired of hearing you talk about her.

Jun didn't say that out loud, as much as he would've liked to, he knew he really shouldn't.

"Maybe you should talk to Mingyu, he's the one who's in an actual relationship and knows about this kinda stuff"

Minghao scoffed at that.

"Mingyu? He literally spilled coffee on Wonwoo the first time they met"

Jun grinned lightly, lying down next to Minghao.

"Yeah okay, I take that back"

They both smiled as they lay in comfortable silence. Jun admired Minghao, he really was beautiful, in the most heterosexual way possible of course. His black hair fell to his eyes, his lips curved upwards in a soft smile.

"Jun?"

Minghao spoke softly, looking at the older.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"

Jun sighed, he had, it didn't exactly end well, and he didn't like to be reminded of it.

"Yes"

He whispered, fidgeting with his hands. Minghao then turned around to face him.

"Will you help me, you know, prepare?"

Minghao knew Jun wouldn't ever say no to him. They'd been best friends for years, and Jun was just so eager when it came to Minghao. Jun stared into Minghao's eyes, he really didn't want to help his friend get with his stupid crush, he was terrified of being replaced, but he found himself nodding softly and flashing a smile at Minghao.

"Yes! Thank you so much"

Minghao spoke up enthusiastically , wrapping his hands around Jun's torso.

"Minghao, calm down, you're hurting me"

Jun choked out, Minghao practically laying on top of him.

"Okay okay"

The younger grinned, laying back down next to Jun. Suddenly, he shot upwards.

"I'm gonna go ask her out"

He spoke with conviction, Jun slightly taken aback by his friend's sudden confidence. He really really really really tried his best to smile at Minghao.

"Sure"

He muttered, Minghao quickly grabbing his things.

"Thanks Jun!"

And with that, he left. Jun tried his best to ignore the slight pain in his chest, and told himself he wasn't incredibly jealous. They were just friends after all, what was there to be jealous of? Jun sighed softly and closed his eyes, his heart fluttering at the thought of Minghao's smile, in the most heterosexual way, of course.

In the most heterosexual way.

--

Well that's that! Hope you're enjoying this so far since Junhao is alive and thriving in 2018.

Vote and comment if you liked it, it would mean a lot ❤️ ❤️

((also yes the title of the fanfiction is based on a song from the shrek soundtrack but shhhhhhhhh))