Positivity

I had passed the exam.

I looked back at Endeavor, who was standing there, dumbfounded. His wrist got caught in the shackles, which meant that not only did I escape, but I also managed to defeat him. If it were any other teacher, I would bow and apologize, but this was no teacher. He started to advance towards me, which frightened me right down to my core. My eyes widened, tears began to fall. I made a sprint towards the monitor room. I stumbled inside, to be caught my Izuku.

"Irina?! Are you okay?!" he exclaimed as I panted in his grasp. He was kneeling on the ground, me falling in a sitting like position, him holding my shoulders. "Please, talk to me! You're injured!" I whimpered, letting the tears free now. The pain was unlike anything I had ever felt before.

"Shimizu!" Yaoyorozu bent down next to me as well. "Oh my god... her hands!" I felt my consciousness slowly fading.

"Where's Todoroki?" Izukur asked.

"He went to go find Shimizu, but she obviously passed him," Yaoyorozu explained. I let out another whimper flinching at the sharps of pain stabbing through my hands now that the adrenaline was easing off.

"We need him to cool her hands down! Otherwise, Recovery Girl can't work on her!" Izuku exclaimed. Yaoyorozu pulled out her cellphone to look at the message she received from Todoroki.

"He's coming, thank god!" she sighed. As if on cue, Todoroki burst through the door. Yaoyorozu moved over so Todoroki could get to me.

"Damn it...." he murmured. "Damn it, damn it, damn it!"

"Todoroki, you need to cool her off. Recovery Girl can't work if her hands aren't in a stable state," Izuku pleaded. Todoroki spent no time and grabbed my hands. I yelled in pain, every second that his hands held mine felt like thousands of knives burrowing deep into my skin. Frost began to creep over my hands, slightly easing the pain.

"Deku, your match is- oh my god!" Uraraka entered the room, ready to tell Izuku about his upcoming match. "Shimizu!"

"Todoroki, you have to get her to Recovery Girl!" Yaoyorozu pleaded. He picked me up, causing shockwaves of intense pain through my body. I let out another whimper.

"Hurry!" Uraraka shouted. Todoroki began to jog, then run, and then sprint towards her temporary office.

"T-Todoro-" I attempted croaking out.

"Save your strength, Irina. I promise everything will be okay," he said, exasperated. His face didn't show an expression of 'everything is going to be okay'. Instead it reflected one of complete and utter worry. He almost kicked down the door, Recovery Girl instantly pointing him to a bed. He set me down, and she immediately began her work. Todoroki showed no signs of leaving, but I wasn't even able to say one word to him as I passed out.

When I awoke, I was in a bed back at U.A. with hands covered in white bandages. The pain was seemingly gone, and my hands felt almost numb. Out of plain curiosity, I unraveled the bandages around the tips of my fingers. That was a mistake. My skin was charred, going from its normal porcelain look to an almost black burn. The skin that used to be so smooth yet with natural blisters from hard work, had now turned rough, jagged, cracked, and wrinkly. I immediately pulled the bandages up, not ever wanting to see that again.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't get rid of the scars," Recovery Girl suddenly appeared. "Your hands will function normally, except for a bit of numbness, but your skin will be like that for probably the rest of your life. A burn from a Hellflame quirk will always leave a mark."

"I see," I put my hands down.

"Come. I'll remove the bandages for you," she gestured for me to extend my hands. I obeyed, and she cut the bandages away with a pair of scissors. If what I saw before was bad, this was horrific. The charred flesh was uneven and bumpy. From far away, it almost looked like I was wearing gloves because of the contrast in skin tone only on my hands. "I know, honey. But you did great in that exam. You acted like a true hero."