First Day

"Irina!" Elizabeth came bustling into the kitchen. 

"What is it?" I asked as I dried my hands on a towel. I helped her up on her chair and placed her meal on the table in front of her. She thrust a letter into my hands with a huge smile. I flipped it over and my eyes widened at the U.A. seal on the back. I delicately opened it and unfolded the letter. 

"Did you get in? Did you get in?" she asked excitedly. I read it through twice just to see I wasn't fooling myself. I nodded with a big smile. She returned my nod with a huge embrace. "I knew it! You're going to be a hero, Irina!" 

"I'll try my best," I grinned. "Now eat your food. You have to eat to get big and strong."

"Wait, Irina! I have a gift for you!" she bolted from the room before coming back with something behind her back. 

"What is it, Eliza?" I kneeled down next to her to ask. She gave me a red colored piece of fabric tied with a red ribbon. I untied the ribbon and gasped at the sight. A brand new scarf. You could tell it was much more quality made than her last one. 

"I'd thought I'd make a new one as a gift!" she beamed. I carefully slipped on the red one. 

"Thank you," I embraced her. 

"Good luck at U.A., Irina!" she broke away from my grip and smiled. 

The sun was barely peeping out of the horizon when I got up to get ready for the day. Of course as usual, I went to go check the mail that was delivered. There among the letters sat a neatly folded one with a stamp from the insurance company. Even upon skimming through the letter, I could get the general information. 

Irina Shimizu:

Life Insurance: Expired

Health Insurance: Expired

"Shit."

"I might be a little late today, so just be aware of that," I let go of Elizabeth's hand and waved her goodbye at her primary school gate. I hopped on my bike, pedaling to my brand new school. Izuku texted me saying he was going to catch up with me. I walked at a brisk pace through the halls, attempting to point out my classroom quickly. I found what seemed to the door, which was extremely large. I walked in to be met with only a few faces. So I guess I was early. 

"Hi!" a girl with pink skin and hair barreled over to me in a bubbly tone. "I'm Mina Ashido, how about you?" 

"U-Um, Irina Shimizu..." I stammered out, frightened by her sudden friendliness. 

"Are you excited? I sure am!" she beamed. 

"Excuse me!" a new voice interrupted. I turned around to be almost run over who was over seven inches taller than me. He had dark blue hair, with glasses similar to my own. "Be quiet and sit down! Your behavior is shameful to the past students and now pro heroes!" I squeaked and rushed behind Mina absentmindedly.

"Shimizu, are you alright?" she asked. I tried to say something, but nothing came out. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see a girl with a large ponytail smiling down at me. 

"Come, have a seat," she smiled with a welcoming aura. I nodded nervously and she led me to a seat in between her and a boy with neatly parted hair. Half of it was white, and half of it was red. He had a large burn scar over his left side of his face. His eyes were shut and his arms were crossed, but I could tell that he was awake by his breathing pattern. 

More and more loud conversations occurred, and I shut out the loud noise of the social setting around me. I beamed at Izuku as he entered the room and shot him a hopeful smile as he shuddered at Kacchan. I didn't even realize when our teacher, Mr. Aizawa, started to hand out gym uniforms. I headed to the change room with the rest of the girls and changed into the uniform.