The Provisional License Exam: Teamwork

"Inasa, was it?" I asked him when he touched down onto the ground. His quirk seemed to be some kind of wind quirk as he was able to float effortlessly in the air. "Thanks for saving me back there. Can we agree to a cease fire?" 

"I WAS ABOUT TO ASK YOU THAT, MISS SHIMIZU!" he roared once more. I frantically waved my hands at him in an attempt to quiet him down. He noticed what I was trying to communicate, and bowed down once more, his head smashing into the ground. "My sincerest apologies!" he said in the quietest voice he could muster, which was more like a yell than his normal booming roar. 

"How about we work together? I'm separated from the rest of my class," I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. "Besides, I'd love to work with you in the future as heroes, so why don't we start now?" He grinned wide and gave me a thumbs up. 

"THAT SOUNDS EXCELL-" I cut him off before he could continue and giving away our position to the rest of the contestants. 

"We should find a place where we can lay low for a while, I'm sure those people from before will be coming back," I said, walking in the opposite direction from which we came from. I heard him trot behind me while laughing heartily. 

"I find your strategic abilities incredible, Miss Shimizu!" he grinned. I thanked him quietly, before the ground shook. An incoming amount of projectiles from metallic sheets, weapons, rocks, vines, and streams of water began to head in our direction. I instinctively used my blades to block the both of us, but that wasn't the real intention behind that. 

I yelped when Inasa picked me up and flew high up into the air. There were a few other students behind us who were planning on sneaking up and taking us out. The wind swept through my hair, making Elizabeth's pendant swing around my neck. 

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT, MISS SHIMIZU?" he roared. I instinctively covered my ears as he was in such close proximity to me. 

"Yeah, thanks for that," I sighed in relief. He dodged to the left which caused a sudden jolt in my balance. I grabbed onto his shoulder to steady myself as he dodged more attacks from the gathering students below. Think, think, think, I racked my head for an idea about what to do. Then it clicked; I've been doing all this training with Aizawa and I'm not even going to use it? 

"Inasa, drop me," I turned to him. He wore a confused yet concerned expression. "Trust me, I have a plan." He grinned and dropped me, me hurling to the ground at breakneck speed. I summoned both of my blades instantaneously, wrapping the capture weapon around each. There were many quirks and balls alike flying past me, which I made careful attention to dodge. I swung the blades backwards and just before hitting the ground, I quickly pulled myself upwards; thrashing both blades to the ground using the capture weapon. 

Dust and rubble flew as the ground crumbled beneath my feet and the students were blasted backwards. The pain from the impact stung, but I gritted my teeth and detached my blades from the weapon and grabbed onto the ankle of the boy besides me who was on the ground. I pulled him towards me and quickly tagged him before snatching another one towards me and using my shoulder as a lever, kicked him up and pulled him into the air. 

"Inasa, go!" I called to him before evading more attacks. I heard Inasa's laughter roar before looking up. The boy he had in his arm had turned ghostly white and all his markers were hit. Inasa looked at me before dropping him, me running to catch him as Inasa touched to the ground's surface. I set the boy down who seemed to have fainted before getting the message from my remaining marker that I had passed. 

"I AM VERY GLAD THAT WE HAVE PASSED, MISS SHIMIZU!" he engulfed me in a large hug, crushing my bones in the process. 

"Me too..." I croaked out from the pressure.