The Sports Festival: Rivalry

"Start!" 

All of us began pushing and shoving our way out of the gate to get to the obstacle course. All of a sudden, a cold chill erupted along the hallway. I immediately knew who was the source and used my blades to blink away from the current of ice. I made my way out, safe and sound right next to Todoroki. We took a glance at each other, not one of rivalry, not one of antagonization, but one of acknowledgement. 

We continued running down the path together until several of the zero point robots from the entrance exam appeared. One of the large arms began to swing down on Todoroki to which I sliced off with my blades. I nodded at him, to which he replied with another nod. He created an enormous ice attack which scaled him over the robots. I slid up the ice with my blinking technique and was right next to him in a few seconds. 

The next obstacle was a large cavern with ropes to traverse over the area. I used my blades to get across, while Todoroki slid across with his ice. Our lead wasn't for very long as Kacchan scaled the obstacle with a chain explosion that carried him across the cavern. We caught us fast enough though. 

The minefield was the most difficult. I couldn't use my blades incase of accidentally setting off a mine so I just had to rely on my instincts. I traversed near the edge where there were fewer mines. I reached the edge of the minefield just behind Kacchan and Todoroki and a...

Flying Izuku. 

I didn't worry about that and poured my focus into the race. I was trailing right behind Kacchan and Todoroki who were neck and neck and advancing on Izuku. I was close enough to catch up with Kacchan and Todoroki, but not enough to get to the finish line ahead of them. Izuku was practically set for first place, but Kacchan and Todoroki could go either way. I wasn't going to get ahead of them, and I didn't want Kacchan in second. 

Just as the two of them were about to cross the finish line, I kicked him in the back. Not hard enough to cause damage, but enough to push him across the line before Kacchan. Todoroki and Kacchan crossed the line, me staggering behind them in fourth place. 

"Hey Four Eyes!" an all too familiar voice shouted at me. I turned around to be unpleasantly met with the child tantrum that is Kacchan. "Why the fuck did you push that half and half bastard ahead of me! You're going to fucking pay, bitch!"

"Woah, let's settle down, Bakugo," Kirishima appeared with Sero behind him and held Kacchan back. I shrugged it off and went to stand next to Todoroki. 

"Is your back hurt? Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I apologized immediately. 

"Why did you decide to help me instead of helping yourself?" he questioned. 

"Well, I wouldn't be able to get past you two, and I think that you are more deserving of second place than Kacchan," I grinned. 

"I don't understand, we're supposed to be enemies. Why are you helping me?" he questioned again. 

"I don't really know," I murmured. "My body just kind of moved on its own. And besides, we're friends, right?"

"The first game of the first-year stage is finally over. Now, take a look at the results!" Midnight presented. "The top 42 made it through to the next round. It's unfortunate, but don't worry even if you didn't make it! We've prepared other chances for you to shine. The real competition begins next! The press cavalry will be all over it! Give it your all! Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be?" The screen spun until it landed on the specific category.

"I just said it, and now here it is! Cavalry battle!" she continued."Let me explain. The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is... based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value."

"In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!" Uraraka piped up.

"You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh?!" Midnight seemed slightly irked. "Yes, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points! And the point value assigned to first place... ten million!"

Izuku turned paler than pale. You could see the regret in his face from placing first. Everybody had this menacing look on their faces that translated into 'we're going to crush him.'

"It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top! Those at the top will suffer more. You'll hear this many times as you attend U.A. This is what "Plus Ultra" means! Midoriya Izuku, who placed first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!" Midnight said enthusiastically.

"Now then, I will explain the rules of the cavalry battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

"During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately! Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"