Chapter 17: Phone Numbers

Start from the beginning

"Do you really want my phone number that badly? Even Faith and Akia don't have my phone number yet."

"Yes." The blonde smirked.

Ace sighed loudly. "I assume you all want my phone number?"

"It would be nice." Kai smiled.

"Whatever." Ryoma crossed his arms.

"It would be my honor." Raiden smirked.

"Y-yeah." Evan shyly spoke up.

Ace began unlocking her locker, standing on her tippy-toes, cursing the fact that she got the highest locker when she was somewhere on the short spectrum.

"Do you need assistance?" Raiden asked, trying to contain his laughter.

"No!" She grumbled. "I can do this myself."

After a moment of struggling with her left hand, she finally got the damned thing to open. After grabbing a few books that she needed, she slammed it close.

She briefly began walking again, intent on getting home. Hoping the guys wouldn't bring up her phone number agai-

"So Ace. Your phone number?"

Letting out a heavy sigh, she gave up. "I'm only saying it once."

The guys immediately pulled out their phones, listening intently and typing in the numbers once they were said.

"Thank you, Ace!"

"Whatever."

"Do you need help carrying your books?" Kai asked. "You shouldn't be carrying heavy weights like that when you have a wounded wrist."

"No, I don't need help. Thanks." She scowled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

They exited the school, walking to the stoplight and waited for the light to turn green.

"Do you want us to walk you home?"

"No! I don't want you guys to know where I live!" She cried out, immediately running across the street the moment it turned green. "You already have my phone number, you want to know where I live too?!"

The males tensed slightly as they watched the girl's figure becoming smaller and smaller as she ran.

"Should we go after her?" Evan asked quietly.

"I think it's for the best if we do not." Raiden frowned. "We don't want her to think we're creeps. no matter how inviting it is."

~

Struggling, she took out her keys and somehow managed to open the door to her house with a hurt wrist and three fairly large books supported by her arms.

"I'm home!" She called out after entering, pushing the door shut with her foot.

Walking to her room, she put down all of her books on her desk and slipped her backpack off and onto the ground, letting out a loud sigh. She jumped onto her bed, wishing she could take a nap then and there.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket.

Groaning, she took her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it.

Lyra: Ace! Hi!

Ace: Hey.

Lyra: Were you missing me?

Ace: Yeah. I really wish you were there with me today.. Things would have been so much better.