.Rise and Fall. (49)

Start bij het begin

"Mom can I just go for my soccer practice?", I pleaded. I had enough listening to them and their ranting about my brother.

"Nick honey, its your brother's birthday. Can't you just abandon that ball for a day? Plus, I don't want your dad to get mad", she kneeled infront of me cupping my face.

"Get mad for what?", dad's stern voice made her stand up. She played with her fingers nervously.

I wasn't scared of him. I stood my ground unlike Jade. "I'm going for my practice", I stated, trying to sound brave.

"You and your stupid little ball", he spatted before lifting his hand. I closed my eyes and waited for the slap but it never came. When I opened it, I saw Stella standing infront of me.

"Uncle Black. Can I take Nicky to play with me?", she asked giving him her sweet smile. He sighed and waved his hands, "Just go take him anywhere, out of my sight. He is nothing, but a disgrace."

After we left the kitchen, my parents started to argue about the same old things. His hate was so strong that I could even feel it radiating from him, everytime he yelled at me or hit me even for the smallest mistake. I was only a disgrace to him, to the family.

"Thank you." I frowned looking at the girl in her pink polka dot dress. She smiled sheepishly looking down at her ballet shoes.

"Why do you always do that?", I asked, irritated.

"I like saving you. So what do you want to play?"

I shrugged. "Nothing.."

I sat down on the porch with the ball placed between my legs, and she followed suit. I turned to look at her, annoyed by her actions but she only smiled in return. I was in no mood to talk to anyone even Stella Arrington, the girl who just saved me. I huffed tiredly atlast and tried to ignore her presence.

I kept watching the charming Jade spinning his ball on one finger showing it off to Julia. She stupidly giggled at his impressing skills. They looked so happy. Why couldn't I be that happy? Why is life so unfair?

"What's the plan then?", Stella suddenly asked with a sly smile.

"What are you talking about?"

She came closer and whispered, "Don't you want to play a little game? With them?" She pointed at the happy couple.

I smirked as a perfect prank crossed my mind.

Stella convinced her sister to go the river just like I told her to. Because if Julia goes, Jade is the attached pack with her. No doubt he will let her get out of his sight even for a minute, that's how much he loves her. In less than ten minutes we made it to the Lockswood river.

I checked the current of the river. It was perfect, not to slow or even fast. We had all planned and I was only waiting for the right time.

"Alright I go first", Stella announced standing on the peak, ready to jump. I saw Jade freaking out looking at the flowing river beside Julia, who was clapping her hands excitedly waiting for her sister to jump. I knew he was not so athletic like me, and a very bad swimmer, something I can beat him at. I ran up to them, and took my shirt off.

"I am after you", I said.

She jumped and a plop sound came when she met the surface of the water. We were waiting for her to resurface up but she didn't. Julia quickly went on the side looking for her sister with a slight frown on her face.

"Stella! Where are you?" I could hear the panic in her voice even when she tried to muster with calmness.

"Stella please don't play this stupid jokes you're freaking me out." She kept running to the side, going to the direction where the water was flowing, looking for her.