Chapter 16: Moved

Start from the beginning

Ace looked at her in confusion. "Excuse me?"

"Second thing's second, realize that you're at the very bottom of this school." She smiled. "You're nothing but a runt."

"I see." Ace shrugged, pushing the girl aside with her free hand and beginning to walk away.

Surprised, the girl stumbled to the side a bit. "Are you serious?" She clenched her fists.

"I am serious. You stop me in the middle of a hallway during class time and begin telling me bullshit. What's wrong with you?" Ace called back, not bothering to turn her head.

"You're nothing but a rat in this school!"

Ace stopped walking. Turning around, she smiled rather coldly at the girl. "If you say I'm a rat, then so be it."

~

Opening the door to her new service class, she walked inside, attracting the attention of silently working students.

As she awkwardly shuffled towards the front of the classroom where Mr. Sabri resided by his wooden desk, a few of the students looked up at her and murmured something to their peers before looking back down at their papers.

The tall man nodded as he noticed her standing by his desk. "Did you find your sketchbook?" He asked curiously.

Ace nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I did. Someone returned it to me."

"Well, that's good. I'm glad you found it." He smiled. "Alright, you could sit in the backroom, where Ryoma is. The only work that I'll be asking of you is for you to help me grade papers occasionally."

"Okay." The female walked to the backroom of the classroom and pulled up a chair beside the light purple-haired male who was busy working on a few sketches.

His red eyes glanced at her. "What are you doing here?" He grunted.

Ace set down her bag onto the table and shrugged. She took a seat beside him. "They apparently switched me into this class for service." She smirked at him. "Guess you're stuck with me now."

Ryoma scowled at her, hiding the fact that he felt his heart flutter in happiness. "Well, don't bother me."

After a moment, he tilted his head towards her. "..Are you.. okay?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. "You're talking about the fight?"

He nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied nonchalantly.

He shook his head. "Then why are you rubbing your wrist?"

Surprised, the girl became aware of her left hand, subconsciously gently rubbing her sprained wrist. "Oh! Uh.."

He shook his head his disapproval. "Let me see." He offered his hand towards her palm-up, waiting for her to put her wrist in his hand so he could have a closer look.

"No, it's okay. It's perfectly fine." She forced a smile. Unfortunately for her, he wasn't buying anything she said.

"Your wrist is not fine. I can see it in your eyes." He scowled. "Let me see. Now."

"But-"

"Ace. I'm not letting you go on this one."

Sighing she placed her sprained wrist onto his hand. Gently, he brought her wrist towards him so he could have a better look. He narrowed his eyes as he examined it, telling her to rotate her wrist so he could see the other side. "Have you asked for ice? It's not looking too good. It's beginning to swell."