I didn't want to lose her.

~Time Skip~

After a while, the three of us decided to get something to eat before walking around. As we sat down for dinner Momma got a look in her eyes.

"Please don't." I groaned and Sarabi looked at me confused.

"So Sarabi," Momma started, "you've only known Ana for a week. Are you sure you actually want to try to keep your relationship going?"

"I put in my two weeks at work for her today. I'm willing to do anything to keep Ana." Sarabi said.

"Scarlet is going to cause some trouble back home." Momma said.

"I know. If Ana decides that Scarlet is better for her, then I'll let her go. But not without a fight." Sarabi said.

"Can you see yourself being with my daughter for a long time?" She asked.

"We've only known each other for a week. Isn't it a little early to be doing this Momma?" I asked.

"No. I'm not letting someone fuck you over." She said.

"I'm not planning on fucking Ana over. I really do want to be with your daughter, Veronica. I'll do anything I need to in order to prove myself to you." Sarabi said.

Momma looked at her trying to intimidate her but Sarabi stood her ground. Momma nodded and smiled as she took a sip of her wine, "I approve."

"Thank you." Sarabi smiled.

"You're unbelievable." I groaned.

"You sound like your mother." Momma raised an eyebrow.

"Good!" I laughed.

Momma narrowed her eyes at me before looking at Sarabi, "wait, timeout, hold up, freeze." She put her hands up, "you put in your two weeks? You're coming to California?"

How did she not realize that?

"Uh... yes?" Sarabi replied.

"Why?" Momma asked.

"Because I'm serious about Ana and I can't really be serious about her if I'm all the way across the country." Sarabi shrugged.

"You know she's still in high school right?" She asked.

"Yes?" Sarabi was confused. It was cute.

"Okay just checking." Momma shrugged.

Before anyone could say anything else my phone dinged. I groaned and looked at it, only to groan yet again.

Scarlet💔: You're coming home tomorrow right? Can I pick you up from the airport?

"Who is it?" Momma asked.

"Scarlet. She wants to pick me up tomorrow." I said.

Sarabi shifted in her seat as I replied, "I told her no."

"Scarlet doesn't take hints." She said.

"Scarlet doesn't take no for an answer." I said.

"She loves you." Momma said.

"She cheated on me." I said.

Momma just raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say anything as the waiter put our food down. We thanked him and made small talk as we ate.

Why was Momma so pushy when it came to Scarlet?

After dinner we went back to the hotel so I could pack my stuff and go to Sarabi's with her. She's seemed really uncomfortable since dinner and I'm happy that we're getting some alone time. I said goodnight to Momma and walked out of the room. It bothered me that she was taking Scarlet's side. She was supposed to side with me.