Welcome to Miami

Ana's POV

"Miami here I come!" I yelled as I threw my suitcase in the car.

"Anastasia Elizabeth Chambers. It is 5:30 in the morning, you're gonna wake up the whole neighborhood." Momma said as she set her suitcase in the trunk.

"No one says that anymore." I said.

"Uh, yes I do." Momma smiled.

"I'm so pumped. I can't believe I get to go to Miami. And on the beach!" I grinned.

"Yeah, you get to relax on the beach all day and I'm in meetings for a week. Lucky you." She yawned.

"Will you come to the beach with me at all?" I asked.

"Yeah, after work I'll hang out with you at the beach." She smiled and kissed my head, "did you say 'see ya later' to your mother yet?"

"Yeah she's waiting for you." I smiled, watching as she walked back inside.

After my mothers said their byes and I love yous, Momma came out and got in the car. She glanced at me and raised an eyebrow, "you sure you have everything? Phone charger, headphones, bathing suit?"

"I have everything Momma. I double and triple checked and I'm pretty sure Mommy did too." I smiled and looked down at my phone.

3 texts from Scarlet.

I rolled my eyes and put my phone on stand bye before using Mommas for music. I put on today's hits on her Spotify and relaxed. I couldn't wait to get to Miami. I was gonna have so much fun and totally forget about Scarlet.

When we got to the airport we checked in and Momma texted Mommy letting her know that we were here and we were about to go through security. I laughed as Momma tensed up while she walked through. She had no reason to but security always freaked her out. I walked through with ease and then grabbed my bag. We walked over to Dunkin Donuts and got coffee. We had eaten at home. Mommy got up super early to cook us breakfast cause we would be gone for a while. She always did it for Momma.

When they called us to board I was getting excited. I loved flying. Especially the take off. And it made it even better that Momma always let me have the window seat. I pulled out my phone and sent the group chat a text letting them know we were taking off soon.

"Hey Momma?" She looked over at me and raised an eyebrow, "how long is the flight?" I asked.

"About 3 hours." She yawned, "I'm going to sleep. Wake me up if you need me." She got comfortable and closed her eyes. She fell asleep pretty quick.

I didn't remember falling asleep but next thing I knew, Momma was shaking me awake. "Come on sleepyhead. It's time to get off."

I yawned and got up. Momma handed me my book bag and started walking off. We got to the hotel about 20 minutes later and waited for Momma to check us in. I decided to text my friends and let them know I was here. Of course Scarlet had been messaging me all morning.

Scarlet💔: Ana where are you? Why aren't you in school?

Scarlet💔: are you okay Ana?

Scarlet💔: Message me when you can. I miss you Sapphire.

I sighed and messaged her back. 'I'm in Miami Scarlet. I'll talk to you when I get home.' I looked up from my phone as Momma came over and checked on me.

"Ready to go to the room?" She asked.

I nodded, "When do you have to go to work?" I asked.

"I start tomorrow." She said as we walked into the elevator. She handed me my room key and I put it in my wallet.

"So I get Momma time today?" I asked.

"Of course." She grinned and we walked off the elevator on the third floor. We walked into the room and I smiled as I flopped on one of the beds. "So I guess you're taking that bed?" Momma asked as she moved over to the one closest to the window.

"Well I'm not moving for the next 5 minutes so if you want this one, you're just gonna have to wait." I said.

"I'll just take this one." She said as she sat down. "Hey baby."

I glanced over before grinning. She had called Mommy already.

My phone dinged and I looked at it to see another message from Scarlet.

Scarlet💔: why are you in Miami?

I rolled my eyes and told her it was none of her business. I know she regrets kissing Rowen but I couldn't forgive her that easily. I always forgave her and she never learned from it. I needed to see what else the world held for me. Your first love isn't always your last. Maybe Scar and I weren't meant to be.

My phone went off again but this time it was Jaelyn; Jaelyn💎: Send me some pics of hot girls. Have fun, sister.

I rolled my eyes and replied telling her that I would before looking over at Momma. She was just hanging up from Mommy. "Can we get something for lunch?"

She nodded and stood up, "Let's go walk and see what they have." She made sure she had her wallet and room key before we walked out. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Sea food or barbecue." I smiled.

"We can try to find a place that sells barbecue. I'm in the mood for pulled pork. Or some nice chicken." Momma yawned and walked out of the elevator and we headed to the door.

"I just want barbecue!" I said, looking at everything that passed by me.

We finally came upon a place called 'Sparky's Roadside Barbecue' and decided that was the place. Mainly because we had been walking for a while and Momma was whining about needing food.

"Finally! I'm so hungry!" Momma groaned as she opened the door to the restaurant.

I just chuckled and walked in. Or tried to anyways. I ended up walking into someone else. I stepped back, ready to apologize but froze when I looked up and was met with a gorgeous girl with clear blue eyes.

All I could think was... thank god for Miami!

—————————————
A/N: hey guys. I know I suck but I've been super busy with college stuff and senior year was really crazy. I graduated high school a week ago FINALLY! And on top of everything, writers block was suffocating me. But I'm hoping to be back in the swing of things and while I'm updating this book, I'm also going to be rewriting the other books in the series. Just to give them more of a plot and not a random 13 year old just writing things that didn't always make sense. And I may or may not add to the books as well. Stay tuned. And for those of you who stick around, thank you. Much love for every one of you!! 💖