Two Weeks

Katie's POV

It's been two weeks since that horrible night. Two weeks since Ana flat lined. Two weeks since my baby girl stopped breathing. The worst day of my life, happened two weeks ago. I sighed and looked up at my class, Scarlet and Jaelyn were both absent again.

"Okay guys, I'm not really in the mood to teach anything today so I'm just gonna give you a worksheet and you can work in partners or small groups. Anyone want to pass out for me?" I asked.

Two girls raised their hands. They reminded me of Veronica and Alex, always fighting for my attention, "Sabrina, go ahead. Thank you."

She smiled and took the papers from me, passing them out to everyone. I yawned and glanced over the class, thank god this was my last class of the day. Time moves so slow lately. I hate it. I hate not having Ana here. I hate the fact that she's not with me. I miss my daughter.

The bell finally rang and I waited for the kids to clear the room before walking around and picking up their papers. I watched as Sabrina and Serena slowly packed up, both trying to be the last one in the classroom with me. I raised an eyebrow at them and shook my head, telling them that I had somewhere to be soon and that they needed to hurry along. They packed up the rest of their stuff and both handed me their papers, smiles on their faces. I smiled and took their papers, putting them on my desk with the rest of my students' papers. I said bye to the girls before shaking my head and picking up the stack of papers I had to grade before Monday.  I put them in my bag and glanced at the clock. Five more minutes and I can leave. My door opened and I looked over, groaning when I realized it was Kimberly.

"Kim, I'm really not in the mood to talk right now. I just want to go home." I said.

"I know. I'm not here to bug you. I'm just here to apologize on Rowena's behalf." Kim said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a yawn.

"It was Rowen's fault that Ana was out so late and if it wasn't for my little girl, then Ana would have been safe. So I'm sorry." She said.

"Kim, we don't blame Rowen for what happened. Rowen couldn't have known that Ana was going to go for a run that late or that she was going to get shot. Rowen was just being a teenager. No one blames her. Except maybe the girls, but that's a different story." I yawned.

"Okay. Thank you. And I'm so sorry Katie. She was always a great kid in my class." Kim said.

I just smiled and followed her out of my classroom. I locked the door and walked to my car, getting in and turning my car on. I yawned again and started to drive. When I arrived I got out and went straight upstairs and into the room.

"Hey." Veronica said, getting up and hugging me.

"Hey." I hugged her and kissed her lightly, "Any change yet?"

"Nope. She's still in a coma. But they're hopeful." She said.

"That's good. I'm so tired." I said, snuggling into my wife and looking at my innocent child laying in the bed, hooked up to machines everywhere.

After Ana flat lined, the doctors were able to bring her back. She came back and was immediately put into a coma in order to keep her stable. She's been slowly getting better each day but hasn't shown any signs of waking up yet.

Ana's a strong kid though. I know she'll wake up. I glanced over at the door when I heard someone knock.

"Hi Scarlet." I said, Veronica rolled her eyes. She's still not happy with the fact that Scar kissed Rowen. Even if they were drunk.

"Hi. How's she doing?" She asked.

"Same as yesterday." Veronica said.

"Can I come in?" Scar asked.