Chapter Three: Practice

She dashed forward, her feet barely touching the ground, the light pouring out of her body repelling her faster and faster. Within seconds she had reached the beast. Gathering energy at the tip of her toes, she left up til she was eye to eye with the beast. One hand guarded behind her, the girl slashed at the monster's eyes. Its reflexes outdoing hers, the monsters closes it eyes and jumps back, position itself for another attack.

Staring at the monster with storming eyes and a murderous glint, the girl propelled herself, her dagger placed right in front of her face. She manages to create a gash on the monster's side. Releasing a unruly growl, the monster swipes it her, throwing her face down onto the ground.

"You're no match me me girl." The monster snarls.

Huffing and puffing, the girl pushes herself up onto one knee and stares at the cold eyes of the monster before her.

"You can not defeat me without Gaia's magick."

The monster keeps the girl straight in the side, sending her flying a couple feet away from the edge of the forest. Blood covering one side of her face, the girl slams her fist into the ground. Reabsorbing the crystals back into her body, the girl lets the energy flow into the earth. Feeling a familiar energy, the ground begins to resonate in response.

"Hurab... ata... una hol... helem. Hurab ata... una hol helem." The girl whispered into the ground.

The ground shook as its pieces began to come together to form a pair of twin clay golems. They stood at the same height as the monster, but their forms were far more bulkier, and their color mimicked that of freshly plowed earth. Each one held a iron spear in one hand, and a shield, made from what the girl go only assume to be some rare metal, in the other.

"You summoned, Princess?" The twins spoke in unison into the girl's mind.

She gave them a faint smile before looking at the beast. The golems followed the girl's gaze and nodded. The girl let her eyes close as the two let out a warriors scream as they ran into battle. The sound of claws and shields rattling against each other traveled its way into the ground to the girl. She could picture every hit and doge of her warriors deep in her mind. She prayed and prayed, releasing the occasional pulse of light when she believed her warriors to be wounded.