Chapter Two: Realization

"Is she okay?"

"You're the healer. How am I supposed to know!"

A soft hand rested upon the girl's forehead, pouring it's warmth into her. As if they were never there to begin with, every little ache and tear in the girl's slowly faded away. Eyes fluttering open, the girl looks at the two kneeling above here.

"Welcome back." The healer said gently, or as gently as someone with such a husky voice could.

"Where...who...What happened?" The girl asked the man who stood before her. He was tall from what she could tell, with shoulder length brown hair. And his eyes, they could only be described as the calm after the storm. Gentle and deep, with the faintest hints of violence.

He stared at here for a bit. Amazed by what stood before him. He had always hear stories about the Children of Gaia, especially the one titled the Scion of Light. She was believed to be one who could rival the powers of her mother if tragedy were to ever struck.

Giving her a slight smile, "Welcome to Taylon, Scion. Im Un Er, and this is my friend Go Eun," he said pointing to the young boy at the opposite side of the girl. The boy smiled at, the freckles on his tan skin bouncing as his smile grew brighter. His tousled brown locks fell slightly below his eyelashes, giving his young appearance and even greater image of innocence.

Before the girl could let slip even the first syllable of her name from her lips, a blood curdling cry filled the air around them. With almost a primal instinct, the young girl rose and faced the forest behind her, arms spread out in front of her as if to create a shield. The monster rushed out and stood before the three, its reptilian legs smeared in dirt and blood. The girl winced at the sight. She knew this was the beast that had destroyed her village. With that, her previous sorrow and anger floated back into her mind. With ever tear and yell her skin began to glow and the light began to pour out of her, as if her body was filled with tiny cracks waiting for this very moment. All the light flowed into her fingertips and formed a pair of crystal daggers, light energy bouncing of the walls within them.

Without a moment of hesitation she ran forward, straight toward the murderous beast.