Chapter One: A New Beginning

In a world not too far from your own mind lies a world. One in which the earth's very breath can be felt within the veins of the people who reside upon the land, and her heartbeats in the minds of those whom she has chosen as her own: the Children of Gaia. Over the Yur Mountains and the Gates of Er, lives one of these special children. Marked by pale white hair and eyes that shine gold in the sunlight, she lives her life peacefully. But, all is not true. Follow her on her journey to becoming a true Child of Gaia.

A still silence creeps through the thin walls of a home. It flows through the halls til it reaches her, enveloping her frail body in itself.

"Wake up young one...wake up.." It beckons.

The girl's eyes dart wide open, the gold in her eyes are overcome with a moonlight silvers as she runs. Each slam of her feet on the uneven ground threatens to force her down onto the floor. But she continues. Ignoring all thoughts and allowing the voice to guide her she runs into the forbidden forest. Shadows creep onto her skin with every turn but they merely burn of her skin. Her unknown light silently protecting from deep inside. Finally. reaching the center of the forest, the voice abandons the girl. Tired and confused the child nestles herself within a small hole of a wisteria tree. Sensing her young one, Gaia allows the forest to sing the girl a soft lullaby as she slips into a dreamless night. The woes of tomorrow will hurt her, so she must rest now.

Rays filter through the small flowers, illuminating the girls small face. One hand outstretched in front her, she calmly steps out into the opening. The slight spring breeze plays within the tendrils of her hairs. It rubs itself against her sleep filled eyes tills she opens them again, their normal gold color having long returned. The girl begins the her long trek back to the village, occasionally tripping over an outstretched root or two. The trip leaves her with cuts all over her bottom legs and palms, but none of it registers, until then. Arriving back home, tears fill the eyes of the poor girl. What lies before her is not the once warmth filled village she had grown up in, but rather its ash filled remains. Making her way around, she comes across what is left of her people. Blood has formed a pool around the pile of corpses. And her parents, they lie right at the top as if to mock her.

Falling onto the ground, the girl digs her hands into the soil, now softened by blood, and lets her emotions ravish through her. Her screams become almost primal as the ground below her begins to shake. Looking back up at the pile, the girls eyes have become the sun, the light in them practically blinding. That is when it happens. As if rising up from within the earth's core itself, a beam of light rises up till it has completely enveloped her.

"I'm sorry, but it is time." Whispered the soft voice from within the light.

As the voice slowly began to fade from the girl's mind, she was whisked into the violet skies, standing high above the remains of the village. Just as quickly as she had risen, she went plummeting back down to the ground.