3 - Not sure

Forth came with me to the body shop on Saturday. I decided I might as well get the whole car painted since the paint was a little faded anyway. I had to leave the car at the shop all week. When Forth offered to give me a ride to wherever I needed to go while my car is being fixed, I accepted without second thought. Knowing that I'll get to ride on Forth's bike more, pleased me.

As I placed the helmet onto my head, getting ready to have Forth give me a ride back to campus, his phone rang. He turned to look at me before picking up.

"Prija, what's up?" Forth spoke into the phone. I didn't pay much attention to him as I worked on the strap of the helmet, which was giving me a tough time.

"Your sister is with you, isn't she? Why do you want me to come see you?" I could only hear Forth's side of the conversation. I got curious when he pulled me to stand between his legs while he leaned on the parked bike.

"My wife won't like it if I come see you." Wife? Is he talking about me? I hope he is talking about me, but I wonder why he keeps calling me his wife. I need to set him straight, I'm a man, I can't be a wife.

"I'll ask him, but I can't promise you anything." Ask me what? Who is he talking to anyway?

"Yes, he is a he." He held the phone in place between his shoulder and ear before he reached to help me fasten the strap of the helmet.

"Mhmm....yes...whatever...bye." He hung up and inspected the strap to make sure it was on right.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked after he'd let my chin go when he was satisfied that the helmet was properly fastened.

"Prija, the girl who was admitted in the hospital."

"What did she want?"

"She wants me to go see her, but I don't want to."

"And you used me as an excuse?" I frowned, I wasn't sure I liked that. I liked that he wasn't going to see her but I think he should have just said he doesn't want to see her. It kind of sounded like he would see her if I had no problem with it.

"Well...it wasn't exactly a lie. You disappeared from my sight for three days because of her. Where did you hide during that time anyway? I waited for you at your dorm several times, but you never showed up." I looked away and answered while I drew circles on his thigh with my forefinger. I don't like to remember how much pain that false rumor caused me.

"...well...I stayed at the hotel that time..."

"Ooh, so that's why you already had that room booked. Well, let's go back to campus?" I excitedly hopped onto the bike and wrapped my arms securely around his torso.

"Are you really not going to see her?" I asked as I handed the helmet back to him when we got back to campus. We were standing in front of my dormitory.

"No, it'll be too troublesome." I was glad he wasn't eager to go see not-his-ex, but I was also worried, I still couldn't quite help but feel like I didn't want him to use me as an excuse.

"What if something bad happened to her or the baby?"

"She didn't sound like something bad happened when I spoke to her."

"But still...."

"Ai'Beam, are you worried because of your instinct as a Doctor? Because I don't think it's because you know her. You do not know her, do you?" Forth sounded exasperated as he spoke but I didn't want to let it go either.

"Well, it's because you told her that I won't like it. If something really happened won't she blame me?"

"I promise you, she's fine and I won't go see her."

"Nn." I pouted hoping to ease the tension a little.

"You look cute when you pout, makes me want to kiss you." I don't think I'm cute but somehow, I like that he thinks I am especially now that he doesn't have that exasperated look on his face.

"Don't call me cute and if it makes you want to kiss me, why don't you?" I smiled, glancing at his lips before looking back into his eyes.

"Because I have to go. I have hazing training. I'll kiss you properly when I come back. Do you want me to bring you something when I come back?" I smiled at that. I liked that he was coming back. I'd been worrying that I won't see him again until Monday.

"What time will you be done?"

"Probably by two."

"Then get me some food on your way back."

"Okay, see you later baby." I gave him a small wave and watched him ride away.