12. A Shy Gesture

*Kylian's POV*

The waiter led us to our table at the VIP lounge. 

"The decor is beautiful." She said while sitting down. I'm just standing there open mouthed. 

Kuhoo gives an awkward look to the waiter. I realized I was being too creepy so I sat down.

"You look so beautiful." I said. She does. 

She laughed like she didn't believe it. 

"What? You don't believe me?" I said.

"Of course I don't." She said. " Why do you think I would lie?" I asked.

"Don't most footballers like models? The glamorous girls on the front pages of magazines." She said. Well, most footballers do date models and actresses. But I don't.

"Yeah like you are less than them." I said and she laughed. 

The waiter came in and asked us if we were ready to order. I asked him the specials and most of the things were meat and stuff. I asked him for something vegetarian. He suggested some vegetarian dishes to Y/N. He knows I eat meat. I'm a regular costumer. 

"I'll have the chef's vegetarian choice." She said smiled at the waiter.

"I'll have whatever she is having." I said and the waiter took off.

"Can I ask you something?" She said when he walked off. "Sure." I said.

"Why did you order vegetarian?" I laughed at her question. "I'm serious." She said.

"Wouldn't you be uncomfortable if I was eating meat in front of  you?" I said.

"What? Why? You didn't order meat because of me? I'm okay with it. Besides I used to eat meat before. I ate meat for more than half of my life. I've only been a vegetarian for 8 year." She laughed.

"Really? Thank god I wouldn't have to give up meat." I sighed.

"Wait. So you could give up meat?" "Yup." 

"For any girl?" She asked. 

"Not for just any girl. And you're not just any girl." She means something to me.

"I'm not?" She asked. She was trying to hide her smile, but I could see she was blushing. 

"Not to me you're not." I said.

She smiled at my comment and looked down.

"We can get to know each other better until the food is here." I said. "So, let's play truth and dare."

"More so you can get to know me. I already know a lot about you." She said.

"You do?" I know she does. I'm just trying to act surprised.

She squeezed her lips together and bit them between her teeth and went, "Umm, hmm."

"I know you do." I said underneath my breath. But she heard it. Trust me I ain't trying to think the lyrics of perfect. I could. Because that's how she looks tonight. PERFECT.

"You know? Let me guess you read my bio?" Yeah I did.

"Yeah..." I wanted to know what she has to say about this.

"So that's why you bought me here. Because you thought I was too easy to get." Ohh fuck. I messed this up. She looks so angry right now. She thumps her hand on the table with an angry look. Ohh shit. I might have ruined the only chance I had to get this amazing girl. I'm so stupid.

"No. God no. That's not why I want to be with you. I actually want to get to know you. I really like you. I can't imagine messing this up. I'm so sorry." I said and kept my hand on her hand to calm her down.

She went from an angry expression and started laughing so hard. What why is she laughing.  She kept her hand on mine and kept her head on her hand and laughed. She couldn't stop laughing. 

"Oh my god Kylian! You went so serious. I was just messing with you." She said between laughs. 

She's gonna kill me one day with all these situations more to come. 

"What is wrong with you? My heart was in my throat, I swear." I took both of my hands back and covered my face. She's still laughing. I swear if she was one of the type of girls I've dated so far, she would be serious about what she said.

"I'm sorry." She said laughing. "Oh are you? My heartbeat is so fast right now." I said keeping my hand on my chest.

She just laughed and was calm after some time. "Did you mean it?" She asked. 

"Mean what?" What did I say? I have absolutely no idea.

"What you just said." She said. In a low voice. 

"What did I say..." I said hoping she would tell me how what I said.

"That you really like me stuff." She said. Ohh shit. I remember what I said now. And this is usually the part where she would say she needs time.

I swallowed hard and didn't know what to say. She noticed that. So she said, "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to say anything." She is so understanding. Why didn't I find her before.

The waiter arrived with our dishes and kept it on our table and left. 

"Bon Appetit." She said and raised her glass of water. I'm glad she broke the silence.

She snugged all the food in. She must have been really hungry. Half way through our meal I said, "Seems like you are very hungry." She looked up and said, "Hungry? What are you talking about I'm starving." She said. I feel that it is amazing for a person to just be themselves and admit it.

"I'm so glad you eat with your mouth closed." She said out of nowhere. I hate the chewing sound.

"Yeah. I hate it when someone eats with their mouth open." I said agreeing. My phone buzzed. It was the coach. He had something to say about the upcoming match. I was talking to him while I noticed that she had some food beneath her lips. When the call ended, I gestured her that there was something beneath her lips, she looked down and used her left hand's index finger to wipe it away.

That was the time I opened the camera of my phone and snapped a picture.

When we were leaving after talking a lot, I got to know a lot about her. She's super weird. She is insanely interested in the stories of serial killers. Is an atheist. Loves to go on spontaneous adventures. Wants to die young and in an interesting way. Has a cat named Amour. That's a good name. 

"Thanks for tonight. I had fun." She said when we were walking out the door. Well of course she did. I almost had a heart attack. 

The valet opened the restaurant door for us and I said, "That's all I get? A thank you. Really?" I sarcastically made a disappointed face. and looked down. 

She came closer to me, I was still facing down in the opposite direction. She lifted her feet a bit because she is almost my height. Just a cm or 2 shorter. Came closer held my chin and kissed me on my right cheek. Leaving a faint lipstick stain. 

FLASH. Paparazzi. 

I just smiled at her like I won the most precious trophy in the world and she was looking down and blushing. I knew I had to get her to be mine.