Chapter 6

My phone started to vibrate on the night table and I quickly grabbed it. It was Karla seeing if I was awake. I assured her that I was awake and that I would be down in a bit for breakfast. I quickly ran to the bathroom and took a shower. I didn't know what to wear so I just threw on a long sleeved shirt, some skinny jeans and my heel boots. I let my hair down to dry and applied some eye liner to make myself look more presentable.

When I got to the restaurant I quicklyspotted Karla and made my way to the table.

"Morning, sorry I took so long I just didn't know what to wear" I said greeting her.

"It's alright darling, and you look lovely" she said with a smile.

I took a seat across from her and the waitress came to take my order. We ate and she started to tell me our schedule for the week. We had two photo-shoots, one event, and one interview that we had to attend. I just nodded and listened to everything she was saying about how lovely the city of London was. After we finished eating she called her driver to pick us up so we could start the day with a photo-shoot. We walked to the lobby and waited there until the butler came in to get us.

As I stepped outside the cold wind hit me and a shiver ran down my spine. I hurried into the car and Karla just laughed.

"It's a bit cold here in London in the mornings, but you will get used to it" she said still laughing.

"I hate the cold" I said shaking my head as another shiver made its way down my spine.

We drove in silence as I looked out the window admiring how beautiful London looked. How the buildings all looked vintage, the buses and the people walking down the streets. It was all just beautiful. We finally got there , Karla introduced me to Jerald the photographer. I told him how it was my first time being a model and doing all these kind of things and he understood and guided me all the way.

"Lucy go get changed please, then head to hair and make-up" he ordered me while he got set up.

I followed his instructions and went to meet Lou, she was the hair dresser. She asked me how I liked London as she got started with my hair. Conversation flew naturally; I was getting pretty comfortable with the whole situation.

"Aw, you look so pretty, now head to wardrobe" she said turning the chair around so I could get up. I made my way to Kyle and he quickly got me dressed. He didn't talk so I just smiled and did what I was asked to do.

"Okay you ready Lucy?" Jerald asked.

I just nodded at him and we got started with the shoot. Every now and then Karla would pitch in ideas of how I should pose. After several hours we were finally done and I headed to the change room to get changed so we could leave. When I was done I thanked everyone and made my way towards Karla who was waiting for me outside.

"Lucy I have something for you" she said handing me a pair of keys.

"What are they for?" I asked looking at the keys.

"I rented you a car, so you can drive around and explore London" she said with a smile.

"Oh my god, thank you so much!" I said and hugged her[SM1] .

"Well now, I think you should go meet your tutor" she said handing me a piece of paper with an address.

I took the paper from her. I drove off to find the address that Karla had given me which took me to this old looking house. I got out of the car taking the bag with books that was in the back seat. I stood in front of the door looking around making sure that I was at the right place when the door suddenly opened. I stumbled backwards, I looked up to see this middle aged holding a cup of tea with one hand and a bulky book with the other.

"You must be Lucy?" He asked

"Yes and you must be Mr.Mason?" I replied making my way inside now

Mr.Mason introduced himself telling me how he used to be a teacher but he had retired not too long ago because he just couldn't take it. After a while he took a look at the books that the bag contained writing them down on his planner.

"Alright Lucy, I will see you tomorrow morning" he said looking closely to a biology book

I just nodded making my way to the door. I waved his wife goodbye and took off. I didn't know where to go so I just went back to the hotel. When I got to my room i quickly grabbed my laptop so I could skype with my mom and my friends. As I logged on my mom popped up.

"Honey how are things? Are they going well? What have you been doing?" she started flooding me with questions

"Hey mom, things are going great. You would never guess why Karla asked me to come" I said sitting up on the bed.

"Oh right what are you doing there? She asked curious

"I'm the face of this clothing line that Karla just started; this morning I had a photo-shoot"

"Sweetie that is wonderful but take good care of yourself" she said now a bit concerned

We talked for a couple of hours until Karla came to get me so we could go out for dinner. At dinner Karla asked me what I thought of the tutor and how I liked the car. I thanked her for everything. The food came so we ate in silence, the only sounds coming from our forks when they came in contact with the plate. Several minutes later she finally broke the silence.

"Here are some cue cards to help you with what you have to talk about on the interview that is on Thursday" she said handing me the cue cards. I took them and looked them over. Everything was clear I was supposed to talk about being the youngest at CBN, also how I related to the fashion line. I agreed with Karla that I was going to memorize what I needed to say and that I would see her tomorrow morning as we pulled into the elevator.

Lucy's outfit http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=52561419