I roll my eyes and walk out of the room and into the kitchen. I can hear him cry as I pour the milk into the pot, as I wait for it to warm up, as I wait for it to cool down, as I pour the milk into his cup, and as I walk back into the room. I grab the toy before getting back in bed.

She sits him in the middle of the bed and he calms down when he sees the cup and toy in my hand. I give him the cup first and he automatically puts it in his mouth. I tell him not to throw it again before sitting the toy down in front of him.

He lays down on his back and holds the cup up with both of his hands. I glance at him every few seconds to make sure he's okay and that he's not spilling any milk.

Brittany's laying on her back, looking up at her phone. She looks at me and then at Jake, who's eyes are now closed as he drinks from the cup. I lean over him and press my lips on Brittany's. She places her hand on the back of my head and massages my scalp.

"I love you." I whisper when I pull away

"I love you, too." She says as Jake starts to fuss

I lay back down and he hands me his cup. I take it and place it on my nightstand.

"You good now?" I ask him and he responds by closing his eyes

Brittany takes his blanket and covers him with it before getting under our blanket. We turn off all the lights and face Jake, just incase he needs something.

The kid snores in his sleep and it's actually really cute, but what's not cute is him waking up an hour later crying for no damn reason.

I turn on my light and see Jake crying with his fingers in his mouth. Brittany rubs her eyes as she sits up and looks down at Jake.

"What happened?" She asks, her voice really hoarse

"I don't know," I say and I pick him up. I stand up and lay his head down on my shoulder. He continues to cry as I bounce him up and down and he continues to cry when Brittany waves his toy in front of him, "It's okay, Jakey. It's okay."

"Let me see him." Brittany says and I hand him to her. She rocks him back and forth but he continues to cry with his finger in his mouth.

I groan and try to think what could be wrong with him. He's not wet, he didn't get hurt, he didn't get yelled at, so what's the problem?

Wait. His fingers are in his mouth and he's teething. I smile and run out of the room and into the kitchen. Quinn left the ring in the freezer and I run back into the room with it. I take his fingers out of his mouth and hold the ring in.

"You go back to sleep," I say as I take Jake out of her arms, "I'll deal with him."

"No it's fine. I can..."

"You can go back to sleep. I got this."

Brittany pecks my lips a few times before getting back under the covers. I turn the light off and grab my phone and his blanket before walking out of the room.

I take him into the living room and sit down on the couch. I cradle him and cover him with the blanket. My left arm is supporting him and my right arm is holding the frozen ring in his mouth.